PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker Problems

Pappy
05-05-2003, 04:03 PM
This afternoon I'm playing in a Lucky Dollars tourney for the PPM. I'm at table # 1 and just after our second hand our table freezes. The rest of the tourney is still playing. I call floor and explain what has happened, they reply that they will look into it. 10 to 15 minutes later the rest of the tourney is paused. I ask the floor about what is going on and they say that they are having tech. problems, please give them some time. Floor comes back and says the tourney has been cancelled, our accounts will be credited with a refund. (nobody eliminated yet!) As this is getting explained to me, I'm dealt a hand. My table has started up again. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I tell the floor that the game has started again and ask why she said it was cancelled. I don't get an answer. I'm guessing she really didn't know what was happening, but she said keep playing everything seems to be back to normal. I ask about the other tables getting an advantage because now they have played many more hands than at my table. Again she has no response. Ok, no big deal. Maybe it saved me losing a few hands.
Guess what happens next?
Yes, table 1 freezes again! Rest of tourney is still being played. I'm still connected with the floor trying to get an explanation of how she can be misinformed like this. I ask to speak to the manager on duty. She connects me with Matt David. I ask him to explain what is happening. Now 45 minutes has gone by we are losing a significant amount of hands, we are at a disadvantage. He asks for a few minutes to look into it. He comes back and says we apologize but we are having technical difficulties. All of a sudden a message comes on the screen saying the tourney is cancelled, we will be given back our entry fee (20 to 30 people are now eliminated) The manager keeps trying to apologize and says it was dealt with in a fair matter. I disagree. I feel that Party cancelled the tourney because our table was freezing up. It would have been feasible for them to continue with the tourney and compensate our table instead they try to scam us by cancelling the tourney and not have to compensate anyone. Don't forget 20 to 30 people already eliminated, do these people get a refund as well? Or is Party going to try and pocket that part of the prize pool and hope no one notices. I then get disconnected.
I log back on to Party and connect to new floor person, I ask to speak with Matt David. Floor says sure one moment please. Two minutes. later same floor comes back and says Matt will call me within half an hour! Its been 45 minutes and I'm still waiting for the call.....

Sorry if this is confusing, but I think my point has been made. They just don't care about us...........

Pappy
05-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Did not get the phone call. Talked to the floor again and they said that everyone still in the tourney got back the buy-in. At least 20 people were eliminated and this money was not added to the refund pool. I've been asking the floor if they can tell me where that money has gone but all they can say is that all cancelled tourney's have been refunded. Is Party trying to pull a fast one?

rusty JEDI
05-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Is the lucky buck tourny the $1 buy in. Because if it is i cant see party stealing $20-$30 dollars. It would not be worth it to them. But i understand your anger.

Pappy
05-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Yes this is the lucky dollar tourney, I just thought that I'd mention this because its not the first time that a tourney has been cancelled, and its the principle their customer service is representing. I'm hoping that some people would like to be made aware.
P.S I am tired of playing a multi table tourney and have it cancelled after 2 hours of time invested. I guess I did get some entertainment value out of it!

jek187
05-06-2003, 02:01 PM
I've always had a problem w/Party's Lucky Dollar tourneys. They're billed as $1+0. In reality, I don't think they are. For every 25 people who register, there's a seat to a PPM qualifier up for grabs. Any additional money is paid to the next highest finisher. So, if there's 110 entrants, 1st through 4th places pay one PPM Qualifier, and 5th place pays $10.

I would agree that if places 1-4 paid $25 cash it would be a $1+0 tourney. However, seeing as how they give away a prize which is an entry to a $23+2 tourney, it seems the Lucky Dollar tourney is actually at $.96+.04. This has always looked underhanded to me, although I do realize it's Party just keeping things simple for all the morons that play on their site. Or maybe I'm mistaken in some way, and somebody here can explain why it really is a $1+0. That would make me feel better too.

RiverMel
05-06-2003, 02:09 PM
It's not a .96 + .04 because $1 is actually going to the prize pool. The prize pool consists of prizes worth P * 1, where P is number of entrants. So it is a 1+0 because the house is not taking any money on this tournament. Just because the prize so happens to be an entry into another tournament where the house is taking a cut does not mean that they are taking a cut in the LD tournament. It would cost a user $25 out of his / her pocket to enter one of the satellites. So that prize is actually worth $25.

Bubmack
05-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Im not sure if it is "worth" $25, but I do agree that it is correct to list it 1+0. If Jek's assessment were correct - then any sattelite would have to take into account the juice on the next tournament.

Bubs

beernutz
05-07-2003, 01:27 PM
You get this upset over $1?

KINKYDAWG
05-07-2003, 01:47 PM
hi razzz

jek187
05-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I realize you guys are right about the $1+0 thing. It still bugs me that they do this though. Party is the only site that attempts to extract profit from their $1 tourneys. Pokerroom, Stars, UB...all don't.

And yes Beernutz, I'm getting this worked up over what is essentially $.04. So, $1 is certainly worth getting worked up about.

markc212
05-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Something similar happened to me in Party during $20+$2 NL multi-table tournament a few months ago. I got knocked out early when my KK all-in got beat by QQ. Naturally, I just left the tournament. The next day, I checked my e-mail and received a notice that the tournament had experienced technical difficulties and had to be entirely cancelled. AND my account had been credited the $22.

Thus, my assumption is that when the tourney gets cancelled mid-stream they refund the amount to everyone. It's possible they changed that policy, but I thought I'd let you know my experience.