PDA

View Full Version : Small fish in a big pond

AtticusFinch
09-17-2005, 04:41 AM
I got into an interesting situation in the 11r today. I had approximately 10k, with the blinds at 1200, and I got moved to a table where the shortest other stack had 40k.

There was a decent amount of action at the table. No big multi-player pots, but it was rarely if ever folded to me. In fact, there was almost always a raise up front. The one time it got folded to me in semi-late position I was dealt 23o. (Which I almost pushed, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it.)

Advice for how to deal with this situation? Push into limpers even with a marginal-at-best hand? Push over a raise with Ax, knowing I have no FE?

frostbrn
09-17-2005, 05:12 AM
For some reason this seems to happen to me more often than not in the mid-late stages of MTTs. The most valuable asset to my play here is taking very careful inventory of any shown down hands from other players, checking the hand history every time someone mucks to see what they lost with, then when I get in a spot where it's fight or flight time, I have a much easier time seeing at least 1 or 2 hands shown down from (hopefully) the most likely person to call me.