PDA

View Full Version : I play a scared two pair.

Baseballer02
09-17-2005, 03:27 AM
This is at Full Tilt 1/2. Typical full tilt game, very tight and aggressive.

I'm dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop:
4 folds, I limp, CO limps, button folds, SB completes, BB raises, I call, CO calls, SB calls.

The table has generally been very tight, but it's very easy to run over these people postflop so I decide to limp in with JTo.

Flop:T/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, CO raises, SB calls, I call

Thought about 3-betting here, but CO was likely to bet out again if checked to on the turn, and then I would hopefully have BB trapped in the middle of a turn check-raise.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I check, CO checks

D'oh, didn't go as planned, but I'm not sure if I would have been able to check-raise here anyways. Many of my opponents potential holdings just improved here. I most likely would've check-raised a CO bet, but folded to a BB check-raise(which I thought would be coming). Is this a good way of thinking?

River: 4:diamod:
BB checks, I check, CO checks.

I REAAALLLYYY wanted to bet here, but I pussed out. Is this a value bet in this spot after the turn check-around?

All thought appreciated.

Felipe
09-17-2005, 03:31 AM
I cap every street. Don't get fancy - win money now! on the flop and turn! You aren't rewarded for the # of C/Rs that you land - you are rewarded by the buck$. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thesharpie
09-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Preflop sucks. If it's that tight raise with it.

09-17-2005, 03:54 AM
Preflop is fine.

3bet flop, bet turn, bet river.

09-17-2005, 03:58 AM
If you play one table, you likely just missed an hours winrate in bets on this hand alone.

Raise the flop!!! CO just set you up perfectly to trap him and BB for an extra bet.

Don't wait for the c/r for several reasons. 1) there are lots of cards that might make you puss out on c/r 2) there are lots of cards that might scare CO from betting 3) CO might have been raising for a free card 4) BB will definitely call a bet now, but might not call 1 let alone 2 on the turn.

Bet the turn!!! Can't be afraid of someone having you beat you have a monster!

Bet the river!!!!

09-17-2005, 03:59 AM
btw, sorry posted that before reading your response there sharpie, no disrespect intended.

i guess a raise could be good too, im definitely not the worlds best fullring player.