PDA

View Full Version : Two hands/situations from B&M tourney

sdplayerb
05-05-2003, 02:01 PM
These are two hands that came up at the Lake Elsinore $75 buyin, $50 1 rebuy yesterday..NLHE.
Buying gets you 600 chips rebuy for another 1,000.
30 minute rounds.

First, this is the first NLHE tourney I've played since reading Super System, and it was definitely a big help. I played a lot more aggressively, picking up pots and then getting paid off when I got a real hand. To bad I went card cold after the rebuys ended winning one huge hand but getting nothing else.

Here are the two hands, I'll post the results in a separate message. These are also situations that come up a lot, so thoughts on these situations would be helpful as I think I played both wrong.

We are at 50-100, I have around 1800. 8 handed let's say. I am in the SB. folded to the cutoff who pushes all in. I look down and see TT. He is not a rock and i think he'll push in with a lot of hands. I call it.
Definitely not folding, do you call or raise all in?

Later we are at 100-200 25 ante. Last hand before the 2nd break and going up to 200-400 50 ante (so semi maniac time). I have around 3800 after posting the BB.
three players limp, SB calls, i check with T2.

Flop comes KT2, T2 are diamonds. SB checks, what do you do?

SD

sdplayerb
05-05-2003, 02:11 PM
I came in 18th out of 80.

First hand, the BB called also. Not what I wanted..would rather have it heads up.
I decided if it was undercards I was pusing in my last 1,050, and would make a decision otherwise.

932 rainbow. I push in. BB thinks a long time, I don't want overcards to call. He calls. 66.
I win a huge amount of chips and am at around 4500.
But I think I still made a mistake, just he made a bigger one.

Second hand, with around 1200 in the pot I bet 700.
Middle age chinese woman calls.
I tell myself unless a K or a diamond hits, I'm pushing in.
Well a K of diamonds hit. I check, she bets big, I am gone.

I ask her during the break if she had the K or the flush. She said she has 22, so that K of diamonds saved me.

I think my play was likely wrong. with that many limpers, somebody likely hit and 700 is nearly 20% of my stack. At least I didn't go broke on a limped pot. But I twice threw away 700 chips on limped pots (the other time was way worse).

When we moved up to 300-600 75 ante i was down to around 2300 and UTG picked up KTs, figured now was better than the blinds so I pushed in praying. Everybody folded to the BB who had QQ. I've actually gone out two of my last three bigger tourneys with KT vs QQ, the other was AT vs JJ (flopped a T every time).

I wussed out a few hands before with K6 in the cutoff 7 handed at 200-400.

SD

Martin Aigner
05-05-2003, 02:16 PM
First hand: It would help if we knew how deep the raiser was. If he had something like 50% of my stack, I would move all in to isolate the raiser. If he has me covered, IŽd rather muck. Too many 50/50 chances. Of course this depends on the field, too. If I was a big underdog in this field or at this table, IŽd be lucky to get my money in with an likely 50/50 chance.

2nd hand: Be very cautious with bottom two, especially in a multiway pot with this texture of the flop. 1000 draws possible. IŽd check and see what happens. I wouldnŽt be willing to play for all my chips against more than 1 player.

Just my thoughts

Martin Aigner

Boss Plunkett
05-05-2003, 02:17 PM
I have a few questions #1 haw much did you have to call with your TT? and what are the stack sizes in the secon question? stack size is extremley impoortant in tourney play.
Cap

sdplayerb
05-05-2003, 02:50 PM
i left out something important on #1.
He pushed allin for 750.

ohkanada
05-05-2003, 03:19 PM
1) Need chip info on raiser and BB.

2) I would likely bet the pot on this one. The problem is if you get a caller, then other flush draws get close to the right price to see the turn. One other potentially better plan is the check and if you get a late bettor you can check-raise all-in. This way flush draws shouldn't call ( of course they still may call). You would rather be up against 1 player with your bottom 2 pair.

Ken Poklitar

sdplayerb
05-05-2003, 04:35 PM
750 for the initial raiser. and around 2800 for the BB

ohkanada
05-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Based on your read of the raiser, I would go all-in. I would rather the BB fold any or all overcards and be headsup against the all-in.

Ken Poklitar