PDA

View Full Version : Weird Week(Long)

Jorge10
09-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Ok this week has been by far the most unusual week I have ever had in poker, I was out of town for most of the weekend got back saturday very late at night, so this all started sunday. I played sunday my usual game PL200, I won the most ever 1200, but I just didnt feel like I was playing my best, I felt I was playing average or even below average, but caught an insane rush of cards the likes of which I had never seen.

Anyway monday, I play again, I play like crap and I mean just terrible I am getting bad beat a lot, but I always get bad beat a lot, and it never slowed me down before so I am obviously stinking up the place. Anyway I lose 200, im pretty pissed at myself for sucking so much, so I decide I am going to take a day off to cool off.

Tuesday I wasnt planning on playing, so I didnt play on party, but I did play a few tourneys on stars, I thought I was doing great in them(I Played 2), but I lost in horrible bad beat fashion in each, to a 2 and 3 outer respectively, but I tried not to care since I am not a tourney player, but all the loses did was stop me from cooling off, it was like well damnit even here.

Anyway wednesday, I played again, sucked ass again and got bad beat as usual, but I was just lacking aggression and it was just me playing poorly in general, lost 100. Thursday I played again I won 200 played pretty much average at least, not my A game, but at least enough to win, I did make a great call, so there was some flashes of good play in between me sucking.

Friday, I won 100, but I screwed up bad in two calls and they cost me about 40 each, so I should have won close to 200. Once again my crap play screwed me.

Ok heres a couple of things I noticed that seem to be screwing me,

1. I rarely think about decisions, I make them extremely fast.

2. I am having a hard time keeping the focus I dont know why, probably cause I watch tv while I play 2 tables.

3. Also I know what the right play is, but I am too insecure to raise with crap and take the pot away from weaklings I know will fold as soon as I hit the raise button.

Thats all I can think of, I dont know its just a weird week I guess. On the bright side I did have my best day ever, on the bad side I did suffer my worst bad beat ever, I was over 97% to win on the flop and I lost. So its been the weirdest week ever.

I dont know what to do right now, to take a few days off? To keep playing? I dont know its weird. Also I am gone all day tomorrow out of town maybe that will help, but who knows. I am just confused more than anything right now, dont really know where to go from here, I mean should I take a break? Play through, rambling, sorry, anyway any comments would greatly help. Sorry forgot to say the problem is I keep playing like crap and dont know how to stop it, sorry about that.

Neil Stevens
09-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Bad beats don't mean you're playing badly. If your opponent was drawing slim but hit his draw, then you had him right where you wanted him.

So I'm left to wonder what other ways you have of knowing whether you're playing well or badly, since you have that one wrong.

Jorge10
09-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I lack aggression, I know I can steal a pot from someone, but I dont do it. I just dont apply the pressure I used to. I think its somehow related to me running bad, probably, but still my aggression is not there and I seem to be more passive, I am checking the good hands way too much.

Mr. Curious
09-18-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so I decide I am going to take a day off to cool off...

...Tuesday I wasnt planning on playing, so I didnt play on party, but I did play a few tourneys on stars,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

1. I rarely think about decisions, I make them extremely fast.

2. I am having a hard time keeping the focus I dont know why, probably cause I watch tv while I play 2 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]