PDA

View Full Version : Can I raise this river?

Fryguy
09-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Opp is 53.2/12.8/1.3

Betting the turn here is for value and there is a decent amount of fold equity I think here, with everybody showing weakness on the flop. Getting raised here doesn't necessarily mean a flush, so I think I certainly have a right to continue and see the river. When he leads out again, I'm not really sure if he has a flush or not, so I just called. Does anybody raise this for value against random pair and 2-pair donks?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

numeri
09-16-2005, 11:25 PM
No. I think you played it fine. The 3-flush out has two implications: The c/r could mean a flush, and it also makes it less likely that someone would c/r with a lesser hand like 2pr. (I'm not folding, though. Those other hands are certainly possible, as is something like A3.)

istewart
09-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Turn bet is a little questionable, especially dealing with a preflop raiser (although he likely has nothing). I would raise the river in a heartbeat and call a 3-bet.

numeri
09-16-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn bet is a little questionable, especially dealing with a preflop raiser (although he likely has nothing). I would raise the river in a heartbeat and call a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah... missed the turn bet. Definitely questionable.

Do you really think SB is check/raising with trips/2pr/some-other-crap often enough for us to raise and pay off when he 3-bets his flush?

istewart
09-16-2005, 11:41 PM
This guy is REALLY aggressive. He can have a big spade and a pair, a lone 9, a 3, anything. This guy will probably bet a spade draw on the flop so I'm not too concerned -- either way we have a great hand against a LAG.

numeri
09-16-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy is REALLY aggressive. He can have a big spade and a pair, a lone 9, a 3, anything. This guy will probably bet a spade draw on the flop so I'm not too concerned -- either way we have a great hand against a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, I always forget to take into account the VP$IP when looking at the aggression factor. Good point.

Fryguy
09-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Opp had 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and MHIG

Yes, that's right, 64 offsuit and he raised the turn with middle pair.

numeri
09-17-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Opp had 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and MHIG

Yes, that's right, 64 offsuit and he raised the turn with middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buddy! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif