PDA

View Full Version : single table tourney (live) - home game - advice please

SonofJen
09-16-2005, 11:02 PM
I exclusively play live ring games (mostly in Atlantic City). Tomorrow, however, I am participating in a 9 person, live, single table, home tournament. Basically, 1st place takes slightly less than 70%, 2nd place takes slightly more than 30%, and 3rd place is 1st place loser. I don't have nearly as much tournament experience, let alone single table tournament experience, as I do ring game experience. So, what do you recommend??? Basically, I'm just looking for some things to keep in mind tomorrow especially when starting out and when I'm close to or on the bubble. What adjustments should I make to my ring game style in this type of tournament setting? One of the guys who will be playing tomorrow is an avid online sit'n'go player. That being said, should I naturally expect him to play a certain way? (Also note: Everyone at tomorrow's tourney, with the exception of perhaps 1 or 2 guys, knows I play very aggressively and will be expecting that. How should I change this up, if any, given that the tourney only pays out 1 and 2?) Thank you in advance for any and all thoughts/suggestions.

valenzuela
09-16-2005, 11:10 PM
1)buy-in?
2)Is chopping allowed?

SonofJen
09-16-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1)buy-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is buy-in a variable? It's $100 though. Pays out 600 and 300.

[ QUOTE ]

2)Is chopping allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.