PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars FPP's -What should I do with them?

09-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I've got ~15K FPP's at Stars ..what is the best way to get value for these? I dont want to buy anything from the store. Since I play like 99% cash games these days I'm out of touch with the best wayt to utilize FPP's.

Any suggestions?

Acesover8s
09-16-2005, 09:59 PM
FPP tournies for the WCOOP, if you don't want to play the main event, withdraw and sell the seat for cash.

09-16-2005, 10:00 PM
yes but WCOOP is almost over..other than the WCOOP?

Acesover8s
09-16-2005, 10:08 PM
save em for the WSOP events next year.

J_B
09-17-2005, 12:37 AM
get some 2+2 books ie:TPFAP.

09-17-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to buy anything from the store

[/ QUOTE ]
btw your avatar is the best ever /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Need some satellite/tourney ideas.

Awesemo
09-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Just sign up for some of the 400 fpp +rebuys turbos to the sunday tournament. They happen very frequently. You'll get your 20 cents worth doing those.

trainslayer
09-17-2005, 02:25 PM
i save all my pennies so that someday there won't be anymore.

i do the same thing with my fpp's.

PuertoKid
09-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Use them to play satellites into other events. I used my FPP to enter a 300 fpp satellite to the European Poker Tour event in Barcelona and won. I am making this post from Barcelona now, so it was a good way for me to use my FPP's. Unfortuntely I came in 62 out of 100 and out of the money. But it has sure been a lot of fun.

Rasputin
09-18-2005, 10:23 PM
When you do the satellite thing, if you win your way into the tourney can you then unregister and use the tournament bucks for SnGs?

splashpot
09-19-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When you do the satellite thing, if you win your way into the tourney can you then unregister and use the tournament bucks for SnGs?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I've done it before.

MicroBob
09-19-2005, 12:32 AM
I think he's asking about if you win a seat to the main-event.

If you win a seat to Barcelona (or London or Baden or wherever) they will not let you exchange it for tourney-bucks.
At least that's what it says on their site...I guess they might consider making exceptions but I wouldn't count on it.

There are more EPT tourneys coming up to use your FPP's on.
There will also be the Caribbean Cruise tourney in January and the WSOP that you can try to qualify for.

but they are also running plenty of 400fpp and 1000fpp rebuy turbo's where you CAN unregister from the tourney and keep the tourney-dollars.
If you are not interested in trying to win a bigger trip to a major tourney then clearly the best option is the 400fpp and 1000fpp re-buy satellites for tourney-dollars.

Sciolist
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I should note that any of the satellites under the "Events" tab will give you W$ if you unregister. W$ can only be used to enter other tournaments under the "Events" tab.

Therefore, the best FPP events are the satellites to the big Sunday guaranteed games. You can unregister and take the T$ instead, if you wish. T$ can be used in any tournament, and if I were playing on the site I imagine I'd be playing a lot of SNG....

A lot of the big players play the SNG satellites, with 1500 fpp buyins and one seat for the tournament.