PDA

View Full Version : I just got my 2001fp-WOW!

otter
09-16-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm sure many of you know this, but WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I had 2 monitors hooked up. One 17" dell and a 15" monitor the difference is like night and day. It's so much easier to play when you can see all the games and I'm sure I play better since I can concentrate on 4 games at once. You wouldn't think it makes that much of a difference and I never would have until I experienced it first hand. I was getting tired going back and forth between games, sweating the other games wondering which ones are better? Now I can keep the waiting list up on one screen and play 4 games w/ out a problem. It's espescially easier for sit and go's. You know how strenuous it can be if you're down to the final 4 on all four games (or fortunate enough to be heads up) and the action moves so fast. My eyes don't get as tired, even browsing this website is easier.

If you're considering getting a 20 or 20" CRT I'd suggest spending the extra couple hundred dollars for the 2001fp (or a similair monitor) because it's just no comparison as one poster pointed out when I submitted the survey a couple weeks ago! Thanks to everyone that steered me in the right direction!

Uglyowl
09-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard! I love this monitor /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The amount of misclicks you save by having no overlap pays for this thing in the matter of a month or two.

Keith Fellmy
09-16-2005, 11:46 PM
yea i hated it when I was going to click fold and just as I clicked the other table popped up and I called an insane bet with 2-9 offsuit.

otter welcome to enlightenment. I looked around on these boards for a year and then decided to get one. WOW is the appropriate word when playing poker on a 2001fp. I am slowly building my roll up again so I can get another one. Currently my other moniter is a 19" Sony (that was 600 bucks) when I bought my computer I never gave it a thought that my Sony moniter was going to be more than a 2001fp. I am an idiot some days...or to some I am an idiot every day.

jokerthief
09-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Yes, it is good. Very good.

Freudian
09-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Got my two 2001fp yesterday. I am very dissapointed. I still lose with AA from time to time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-17-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Got my two 2001fp yesterday. I am very dissapointed. I still lose with AA from time to time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have it hooked up through the DVI port? I had the same problem, but this fix cleared it up.

-Craig

Femto
09-17-2005, 12:50 AM
I havent seen a deal on this monitor in quite some time. I'm itching to buy my second one... anybody have some inside info or speculation on when the next deal is?

09-17-2005, 12:56 AM
How is it for movies and games? I've heard it has a 16 or 25ms response time, is this noticable?

dibbs
09-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Amen brother.

Freudian
09-17-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How is it for movies and games? I've heard it has a 16 or 25ms response time, is this noticable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine for DVD playback. No ghosting that I could see. Should be pretty ok for games also, but since the native resolution is 1600*1200 you need a powerful graphics card to run 3D games (alternatively drop resolution which isn't ideal).

Uglyowl
09-17-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I havent seen a deal on this monitor in quite some time. I'm itching to buy my second one... anybody have some inside info or speculation on when the next deal is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quarter end is coming up. If I remember right they usually fire up some deals around this time.