PDA

View Full Version : A single hand of BJ w/...

PSW
09-16-2005, 07:51 PM
NO double down and
NO splitting

What are your odds of winning ONE hand under these circumstances. Doesn't this impact how most people play stickies?

Thanks,

psw

gotme
09-17-2005, 04:03 AM
The odds of winning that one hand are 48-49 point something percent - as long as you're using correct basic strategy for it.

It's a big part of the main-stream sticky strategy.

PSW
09-17-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The odds of winning that one hand are 48-49 point something percent - as long as you're using correct basic strategy for it.

It's a big part of the main-stream sticky strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that means that, in reality, you don't double down or split often enough for it to change the odds much off the overall odds? It just seems to me, after clearling a couple of regular bonuses, that these limitation would shift the odds more than that.

Obviously, if you catch 88 against a dealers 6, splitting and then the chance for a double has high EV. This isn't available to you if you are playing a single hand for all the marbles in a sticky.

Perhaps it doesn't impact the odds as much as I think it does, but it does make me think about it.

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me where I can confirm it?

psw

09-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Here it is from www.wizardofodss.com (http://www.wizardofodss.com)
* Loss: 47.89%
* Tie: 8.80%
* Win: 43.31%

Ignoring ties the probability of a loss is 52.51% and of a win is 47.49%.

Splitting, doubling, and blackjacks make up the rest to bring down the house edge to around .5%. Hope this helps.