PDA

View Full Version : ($27) Two pair BB special

durron597
09-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Nothing stood out about this particular opponent in the early hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

SB (t1840)
Hero (t1540)
UTG (t1440)
UTG+1 (t1650)
MP1 (t1295)
MP2 (t1550)
MP3 (t1565)
CO (t1370)
Button (t1250)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t105) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t70</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls t70.

Turn: (t245) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t180</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t360</font>, Hero calls t180.

River: (t965) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t180</font>, Hero calls t180.

Final Pot: t1325

bluefeet
09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
bout right. i might bet even a touch less on flop. many a donk will happily call your "obvious flush draw" - or, "i have a piece of this rag flop" lead w/ two overs, looking to improve (a common interpretation of a blind lead, agree?).

keeping with this theme, i might bet slightly less again on the turn - setting up the raise when this "scary overcard" hits -- which worked wonderfully regardless btw.

question now is do we push back. let's look at the risks/rewards...

- push: slight chance he a) cold-called your flop lead with a set, anticipating another lead - moving time, b) made a second pair himself, c) hit his AJ

of course A or B we're in trouble. C...and he could easily fold here.

---- modest risk, probably no additonal reward

- call: we DO give him the river, where his hand could improve over ours.

A) if you check the river, he could drop the hammer hard, leaving you with a semi-difficult laydown decision. of course he might also make a weak value bet - giving you a cheap showdown.

B) a lead by you, might effectivly slowdown the TP - but would certainly get a raise from a set/2-pair...but, it might also get a semi-bluff-raise from a not-feeling-so-strong-TP-u-having-called-the-turn-raise looking to push you off.

i think A is your best chance for a cheap showdown.

[b]IMO calling the turn, checking the river would provide you both the most chips when our hand holds up. riskier giving the river w/ bottom/middle-2-pair, but probably a cheap showdown regardless.

Jman28
09-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Awesome analysis bluefeet. We need more of that around here.

I agree with you and like the line taken.

curtains
09-16-2005, 09:25 PM
I think you played it quite reasonably. I might have done the same thing on all streets, or at least something similar.

KramerTM
09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Looks fine to me. Any specific questions you wanted addressed? I think you are WA/WB here and your line has you winning/losing the most/least. Nice hand.

KramerTM
09-16-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i might bet even a touch less on flop. many a donk will happily call your "obvious flush draw" - or, "i have a piece of this rag flop" lead w/ two overs, looking to improve (a common interpretation of a blind lead, agree?).

keeping with this theme, i might bet slightly less again on the turn - setting up the raise when this "scary overcard" hits -- which worked wonderfully regardless btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

These moves are a little too fancy and read-dependenct for this situation, I think.

durron597
09-16-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you played it quite reasonably. I might have done the same thing on all streets, or at least something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. The reason I posted this hand is that I could easily have stacked him given his hand; he had a quite crappily played AA.

If the turn doesn't complete a possible draw does anyone reraise the turn?

curtains
09-16-2005, 10:44 PM
If they didnt have a worse hand than you sometimes, you wouldnt call the river. That doesn't mean you misplayed it.