PDA

View Full Version : 8/16 - Bakku and DeathDonkey look at me a little odd for a sec...

Joe Tall
09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
I flew in late last night to San Diego. In So. Cal for the weekend to hang out with my brother and friend who came with me. We drove straight to Ocean's 11, where I told bakku I'd be. Sure enough, the let his type in there and he sits in the same 8/16 w/full kill game with me and DeathDonkey does shortly after.

Wild game.

Onto the hand (not a kill hand):

Bakku and DeathDonkey fold, Loose-Agressive/bizzare/wild-short-stacked-raises, 2 folds to me and I three-bet on the button w/A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB folds.

Now, a formerly "call any in the blinds" (42o, T8o in the SB, I mean any) when he had 7 racks calls. However, he is now down to less than a rack and seems to have tightened up some that the variance has swung our way over the last 2 hours.

The loose-wacky caps, we all call.

3 to the flop for 12 SBs:

J /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

The BB bets out (now he loved to bet out into a PFR w/any piece), Loose wacky calls nearly All-in...

What's your action?

newhizzle
09-16-2005, 06:37 PM
how aggressive is BB?

i dont think you can continue here, u have a backdoor flush and an over that may or may not be good, with loose and wacki nearly all in, your not going to knock him off his hand, and if BB is the passive type he probly has something to bet into that much PF strength

Joe Tall
09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
how aggressive is BB?

How is this...I'm sure he has a piece. Likely a 7 but could be a weak Jack.

newhizzle
09-16-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how aggressive is BB?

How is this...I'm sure he has a piece. Likely a 7 but could be a weak Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

is he likely to fold either of those ever? i give you 3 maybe 4 outs, i guess peel 1, but i dont think a riase in in order considering the unpredictable nature of loose and wacky

Entity
09-16-2005, 06:52 PM
I call here. Though raising might have some merit if you were guaranteed a free card, we're closing the action and we've got somewhere between 3 and 7.5 outs, so I like a call with these odds.

If BB is the type who will rarely bet out on the turn after you raise the flop, raising may be better. However, in the games I'm used to which feature a proliferation of donkbetting after a PFR raises a flop like this, I like a call.

csuf_gambler
09-16-2005, 09:59 PM
am i the only one who just folds preflop?

newhizzle
09-16-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats an option, against a crazy [censored], i think it could go either way, but the super loose blind actually makes me lean toward folding, especially if he still had mad chips

Entity
09-16-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so, but unfortunately I doubt it.

Joe Tall
09-17-2005, 03:11 PM
This is the type of thin flop call you have to make with position. We are getting 14:1, closing the action with 3.5 discounted outs.

Onto the hand:

I called the flop but did consider raising.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The BB bet, the wacky player called a little short all-in and I thinly called.

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The big blind bet and I called.

Big Blind: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Wacky Player: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

And my hand was good.

Joe Tall
09-17-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of player was open raising w/K8o and all sorts of random hands. Folding was out of the question.

QTip
09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the type of thin flop call you have to make with position. We are getting 14:1, closing the action with 3.5 discounted outs.

Onto the hand:

I called the flop but did consider raising.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The BB bet, the wacky player called a little short all-in and I thinly called.

The big blind bet and I called.

Big Blind: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Wacky Player: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

And my hand was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have played it the same. I'm assuming you fold the turn without the added gutshot.

Joe Tall
09-17-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm assuming you fold the turn without the added gutshot.

Yes, especially with the wacky player nearly being all-in.

Student Caine
09-17-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I am as weak-tight as they come and even I don't fold this.

PatJ
09-18-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm reflecting on the power of the button - these cards have no chance to win from any other position.

Greg J
09-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I really like the 3 bet preflop here given the various reads. It's obviously situational, but for some clown that could be raising anything and a guy that will likely call with total crap, plus yr positional advantage, I think a 3 bet is definatley called for.

Greg J
09-18-2005, 01:12 PM
The fact that BB is concsiously playing tighter, why not raise here? Seems like a great time to initiate a check on the turn and then check through. Downside: you hate 1) getting three bet, or 2) getting bet into on the turn.

PTjvs
09-18-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I three-bet on the button w/A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where I'm from, you get shot for this.

jvs

Aces McGee
09-19-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Likely a 7 but could be a weak Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey JT...what makes it more likely that it's a seven and not a jack? would he c/r most jacks?

-McGee