PDA

View Full Version : lion vs bear video

Bubu
09-16-2005, 05:47 PM
http://www.stuntcook.com/index.php?p=f&i=10670

If anyone knows Korean, could you tell me what's going on ?

Dynasty
09-16-2005, 05:57 PM
You don't need to understand Korean to know what's going on. Some a-hole put a lion and bear in an enclosure together knowing they would fight.

I didn't think a bear would do so well against a lion. The lion definitley seemed to be getting the worst of it early in the battle. Even after the lion took the advantage, it didn't seem to want to continue the fight.

orange
09-16-2005, 05:57 PM
This is pretty sweet.

SL__72
09-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow.

SL__72
09-16-2005, 05:59 PM
That makes me think grizzly bears would really be the king of the Jungle... if they lived in the jungle that is.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-16-2005, 06:04 PM
My Korean is a little bit... whatever. Here's the gist of it:

This lion is badass and she's pissed.
These bears are cute and cuddly, but we found an ill-tempered one.
Look at it's claws.
These animals sure are loud.
It turns out this lion is really a pussy little bitch.
The bear is scary.
Watch this slow-mo several times of the lion bitchslapping the bear.
It turns out the lion isn's such a prissy little bitch after all. It floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.
This lion is kicking the [censored] out of this bear. I'm scared. Hold me.
Here's the other bears waiting for a piece. Who's next?
Finish him!

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-16-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That makes me think grizzly bears would really be the king of the Jungle... if they lived in the jungle that is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see a grizzly/kodiak bear against a full-grown male lion. Then, the winner of that match takes on a liger.

offTopic
09-16-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to understand Korean to know what's going on. Some a-hole put a lion and bear in an enclosure together knowing they would fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friggin' Clarkmeister.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-16-2005, 06:07 PM
My Korean is a little bit broken, but I think I picked up the general idea. I believe this is a pretty accurate translation of the first sentence:

"We ran out of dog, whatever shall we eat for dinner tonight? Let nature decide."

Also, I believe this to be the greatest video in all of the land.

Dominic
09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
that's evil and disgusting.

HopeydaFish
09-16-2005, 06:21 PM
This is disgusting.

willie
09-16-2005, 06:27 PM
i could kill the skinny gook that set this up.

with my bear hands (tee hee)

Wetdog
09-16-2005, 06:38 PM
That was so rigged.

bogey
09-16-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was so rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are u talking about? they didnt meet accidentally in a cage with a video camera set up?

Stuck
09-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I reckon the same people would probably be up for setting up a bunch of 5 year olds in the gymnasium - then we can settle the question once and for all.

SackUp
09-16-2005, 07:41 PM
jebus!

that was some craziness. At first kinda interesting, but then mostly Fvcked up and I typically like stuff like this.

jba
09-16-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see a grizzly/kodiak bear against a full-grown male lion. Then, the winner of that match takes on a liger.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are basically comparing house cats to lions

black bears and grizzlies are barely the same animal

http://www.americanbear.org/mainpagepicBL.jpg

vs.

http://www.photohome.com/pictures/animal-pictures/wildlife/grizzly-bear-1a.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.americanbear.org/mainpagepicBL.jpg

vs.

http://www.photohome.com/pictures/animal-pictures/wildlife/grizzly-bear-1a.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
I know what a black bear is and what a grizzly bear is, as well as what a kodiak bear. I would like to see a full-grown alpha male lion versus a grizzly or kodiak bear.

09-16-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know what a black bear is and what a grizzly bear is, as well as what a kodiak bear. I would like to see a full-grown alpha male lion versus a grizzly or kodiak bear.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that's not gonna happen

jokerthief
09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
The Lion would get owned. The deciding factor would be energy. Cats can only go hard for short bursts. The lion would also have the more energy demanding task since the bear is larger. Grizzly bears are also experienced fighters. There is a nature show on national geographic, the name escapes me but it's hosted by 2 brothers, that once did a piece on Grizzly bears and caught alot of alpha fights. Each fight I saw was much longers and more intense than any lion alpha battle I've ever seen. Lions seem to know when they are beat and give up quicker than bears.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I still want to see it. Battle to the death. The liger's waiting for the winner.

jba
09-16-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is, the bear and the lion in the video are actually fairly evenly matched. The video actually showed the claws on that bear, now compare those to the claws on the grizzly in the pic up there. and the little bear definitely got some claw swipes in.

against the grizzly the lion is going to start falling apart pretty quickly. like one or two swipes and there are several pieces of lion in the room.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Bears can be very stubborn and very convinced they're the alpha of the whole universe, from what I understand.

I remember a story by a guy who was a bear trainer, if I recall correctly. It seems really indicative of a grizzly bear's mind-set. Real simple: he saw a bear catch a snowflake in its palm and when the heat melted it, the bear became completely enraged. They're just not used to not getting what they want -- inconceivable to them. This makes them very angry!

Btw this video sucked. Screw those bastards. Not only sick in concept, but wtf, the bear looked smaller than the lion. Compare the forequarters; shave that bear and he would have looked like nothing nothing next to the lion.

This kind of sh*t is fuckedup.

jokerthief
09-16-2005, 09:49 PM
This video mad me mad as well. Maybe it was for different reasons though. I think this is cruel and who ever taped it ought to be thrown into a pit of hungry lions.

csuf_gambler
09-16-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a BLACK bear is more DANGEROUS then a grizzly bear. do you see why?

jokerthief
09-16-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. There is this black bear that lives on my land. One of my favorite pleasures in life is chasing that little bitch every chance I get.

touchfaith
09-16-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my though exactely.

But then I though back to the shark v. octopus video which didn't bother me at all.

So now I'm just confused and wonder if my bias extends to fresh water fish as well.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WackityWhiz
09-16-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then I though back to the shark v. octopus video which didn't bother me at all.

So now I'm just confused and wonder if my bias extends to fresh water fish as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mouse vs pirahna one made me sad, as did this video

Bubu
09-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Bears are pretty damn strong and resilient. I saw this video of a black bear who climbed an electricty pole. He shorted the high voltage cables for a couple of seconds and then carried on climbing. At the top he caught his breath. The
electric shock clearly affected him as he then passed out and
fell directly on the wires. The wires held him up until the
transformer exploded form the short circuit. He fell the rest of the way down (like 40ft ?). Although he seemed dead, he was not. He had passed out and was released to the wild.

The electricty pole seemed to be in a suburban environment
so it probably "only" carried a few thosand volts. This was
your standard wooden electricy pole (what like 45ft tall ? ).

HopeydaFish
09-16-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It completely amazes me that you continue to exist on here without getting banned.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Wow. I would have thought the electricity would kill any size animal.

Surviving the fall is pretty incredible too, especially for an animal that large.

-Skeme-
09-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Blarg, OOC, how old are you?

dogsballs
09-16-2005, 11:58 PM
that's depraved shlt.

Someone should get one of those medieval catapults and sling the b#stards who did that over the fence and into the pit with them...then see how his commentary goes.

Allinlife
09-17-2005, 02:47 AM
this is some north korean production...basically the narration says something like "the lion has better technique and is faster, but does not have the endurance to outlast bear's stamina"

and the bear bites lion's mouth and lion's mouth collapsed or something...so even though it seemed like a draw, the lion did run into corner so it's bear's victory.

yes it is very inhumane...

ThaSaltCracka
09-17-2005, 02:55 AM
I watched about 30 seconds of this. I hope whoever staged this fight was feed to the winner. Simply disgusting.

z32fanatic
09-17-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The mouse vs pirahna one made me sad, as did this video

[/ QUOTE ]

Links to either of these videos?

Escape
09-17-2005, 03:09 AM
Nice movie. Although there wasn't a clear winner at least in my eyes. Both got beaten pretty badly.

MCS
09-17-2005, 04:15 AM
What a strange video. Who in a position of power decided to put a lion and a bear together? Like, if I wanted to do that, I wouldn't know how to go about it.

BOTW
09-17-2005, 04:33 AM
I think that most reasonable men are disgusted. Any reasonable man who is not disgusted would rather fight these majestic animals themselves. Those who fall outside this range need help.

I find it reasonable that I would like to fight the people who made this.

09-17-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i could kill the skinny gook that set this up.

with my bear hands (tee hee)

[/ QUOTE ]

what, we excepting racial slurs in here now. this pencil-head couldn't beat his own meat properly.

WackityWhiz
09-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Hungry animals... kinda sad... NSFW... repost (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/hungryanimals.html)

Mouse vs Pirahnas (http://www.dumpafile.com/item/JXdZHZgb)

BOTW
09-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Wow. The bunny and the spider show that the owners care little about the well being of their pets since there is a chance that either could win. Maybe the mouse and rabbit were domesticated since they appeared curious rather than hungry, so that reduced their chances; still, I hate people like this and would like to eat them. Can I have a cage match? I promise to eat all the good parts.

Lazymeatball
09-17-2005, 06:44 AM
#1 I don't think that is even an alligator, looks like some sort of monitor lizard.

#2 That looks horribly cruel to the mouse. I can understand all the other videos as feding natural food to their pets, but mice don't swim, that is just torture.

HopeydaFish
09-17-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hungry animals... kinda sad... NSFW... repost (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/hungryanimals.html)

Mouse vs Pirahnas (http://www.dumpafile.com/item/JXdZHZgb)

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that bothers me the most about stuff like this (and I didn't watch), is not so much that the animals are getting killed and eaten, it's that some inbred retard thinks it is "cool" to tape it happening so that he can post it on the internet. *That's* what's sick. It's people getting pleasure out of watching the fear and pain of living creatures.