PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Dell? Customer Service Crap

lozen
09-16-2005, 04:46 PM
I placed an order online for a Dell 9300. I had to make one change. I phoned the 1-800-www-dell and after a bunch of menus given a new #. Called that waited on hold and after a bit gal I thoughtmade the change but instead transferred me to another department. Was on hold there for 24 minutes and the lady was a bitch. If it wasnt for the fact they had the best deal going on a Laptop with 1200x1800 res i would have canceled the order .

TheTROLL
09-16-2005, 11:11 PM
This is standard. Their CS is crap - outsourced, understaffed and ill-trained. Buy elsewhere if this bothers you.

KenProspero
09-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Big Hint --

NEVER place an on-line order with Dell.

Call and talk with a human being. Ask questions, and if you get someone not knowledgable, hang up and try again. After 4 or 5 tries, you should get a decent, knowledgable salesperson.

First -- the humans can ALWAYS match any deal on line with Dell. Don't beleve it when they say on-line exclusive. Anyway, if your salesman says s/he won't match an online price, just tell them you're going to purchase on-line. They always come around.
Second -- the humans often have options, packages, etc. that aren't available on line, and can save you money.
Third -- sometimes the humans have the authority to give discounts ASK.
Fourth -- the humans often know if there's an on-line coupon available that you don't know about ASK.
Fifth -- if you want to change your order, you have someone to talk to.