PDA

View Full Version : W$@SD, am I the only one who never seems to get to 50%?

09-16-2005, 04:12 PM
When I review stat posting (yes I review them and like to see them, I think that I am in the minority), it seems that most people have W$@SD of 50-55%.

I can not seem to get that close to 50%. This is over about 50,000 hands, and I am around the following (not at home so no access to PT):

VPIP - 25%
PFR - 17%
WTSD - 37%
W$@SD - 47%

At this rate I am making about 2.5 bb/100, but this is at 0.50/1.00.

Even when I was playing 10 max, I think that it was very rare that I would get much over 50% for any session.

Seems that when I am below 47% I have losing sessions, and when I am over 50% I have big winning sessions.

The worst sessions are the ones like last night where I was WTSD = ~32%, and W$@SD = 35%.

(My averages session is about 1,000 hands.)

Margon

brazilio
09-16-2005, 04:19 PM
I have a similar problem, although I'm sitting right at 49.8% or so W$SD. For me, it's a leak with calling down too much with TPTK against turn action and/or calling down too much with mid pairs.

ZZZ
09-16-2005, 04:30 PM
I've struggled to get my W$SD above 50% in the past. Now I think I'm probably around 51%.

I'll bet you are very aggressive postflop, which is not necessarily bad, but it will lower that stat. Still, you probably pay off too much too. When you get raised on the turn and river, take a breath, look at the size of the pot and consider the past action. I know that making quick calls of raises without thinking about them was a big problem for me.

ZZZ

Surfbullet
09-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Also, since you are playing the $0.50 / $1.00 this will be a factor - if your opponents are all loose donkeys that chase anything to the river, you're going to get sucked out on alot.

If you've got TPTK but 5 players call the flop + turn trying to draw out, you're going to drag some huge pots few times, and lose lots of times. You'll be making more $ but winning less pots, lowering your W$@SD.

Surf

ZZZ
09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
However, it should often be pretty easy to figure out when you're beat at this limit, since there are so many passive players. So there are competing factors. But IMO, W$SD should be higher at .50/1 than at, say, 5/10.

ZZZ

09-16-2005, 06:19 PM
I agree with you to a large extent, just two things to consider....

1) Hand Reading is hard when people will call with anything....I tried to develop this skill, but gave up for now.

2) Many showdowns are multiway, so it may be harder to get to >50%. However, I am going to work on this.

Margon

donger
09-16-2005, 07:06 PM
You shouldn't analyze this number in a vacuum either. It's influenced not only by WTSD%, but a variety of other factors.

For instance, like people in this thread are hinting at, if the pots you win at showdown are substantially larger, your won$atSD can be a lot lower and you can still be making more money.

It's the same kind of thing as being in a 3 way or 8 way capped preflop pot holding AA. You're obviously going to win more often in the 3 way pot, but your're going to win way more money overall in the 8 way pot, despite a meager-looking win percentage.

A friend of mine was sitting at 36/58 WTSD/W$atSD for the 3/6 and he was at 2.2 BB/100. I'm at roughly the same winrate for 5/10 with 35/50 WTSD/W$atSD, so go figure.

donger
09-16-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, it should often be pretty easy to figure out when you're beat at this limit, since there are so many passive players.
ZZZ

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot sizes will usually dictate that you call anyway, though, since most of them are multiway through at least the turn.