PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection

sublime
09-16-2005, 03:57 PM
In and out, in and out. I have cable thru comcast and for some reason the connection keeps going out. When I unplug the modem, then plug it back in, it comes back up. Odd. What could be the cause of this? Is it my firewall(windows default) preventing some sort of refresh?

FouTight
09-16-2005, 04:02 PM
no.

Grisgra
09-16-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In and out, in and out. I have cable thru comcast and for some reason the connection keeps going out. When I unplug the modem, then plug it back in, it comes back up. Odd. What could be the cause of this? Is it my firewall(windows default) preventing some sort of refresh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this problem a lot recently (last two months or so) as well, even though I've had Comcast for the last two years or so. Really is annoying when I'm playing The Forbidden Game.

joshman1204
09-16-2005, 04:17 PM
sounds like you need a new modem. I would call tech support and get them to replace the modem for you.

Broken Glass Can
09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I had a same problem (my connection would just go dead a couple times a day). It was a problem with the drivers (software on the hard drive).

When I disconnected the modem cable at the PC end, it reinstalled the drivers (for the "new" hardware) when reconnected. That solved my problem for good.

touchfaith
09-16-2005, 04:31 PM
http://addictionrecov.org/paradigm/P_PR_S98/images/cans.jpg

Check the string