PDA

View Full Version : sevens

bosoxfan
09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
No real reads. Table is typical party table. A little to loose, kind of passive.

Party 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, 3 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, hero raises, 2 folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
UTG checks, hero bets, UTG calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
UTG bets, hero calls

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

POKhER
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
You could of raised preflop? Fold the blinds and make it heads up with a PP? Not sure if thats wise at these limits though.

Other than that it looks standard.

Some lines im considering are:
Raise flop, Check behind on turn, Call a bet/Bet if checked to.

We may: Encourage a bluff from UTG,
Get a free card when were behind and save 1 bet,
But lose a bet when we're ahead.

However i think if we bet/bet he will Call/call i just wonder why he would call with 2nd best pair? So betting feels like spewing.

Then the river comes up he bets, so looks like hes on a flush draw and just hit.

folding wouldn't be bad, not sure if we're ahead enough to call? But call it.

Maybe im suffering from FPS(Fancy play syndrome).

deception5
09-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I think it's possible that you have a few hands beaten on the river, but you are basically hoping for 77/66/55 doing a wa/wb line or something like AT making a last ditch effort. You probably win often enough to call here.

Rest of the hand looks fine. You can consider raising preflop, but I think limping is ok.

tiltaholic
09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
i think this hand is fine all the way through.
i'd call the river in the beginning of a session to find out if he's the sort who likes to bluff those river "flush cards"

poor gabe kapler.

POKhER
09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
So would you bet/bet? It feels like such a crap play to me.

Just not sure what other lines there are against him that maximise our wins and minimise our loses? not sure my line does this? seems its more of a 50/50.

Although when the flush draw comes in, i think we've lost making this call -EV in the long run? But can we fold it>?!