PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake Factory: Any Reason NOT to buy this stock?

1C5
09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Myself, I often like to buy stocks and potential buys in companies that I myself like.

Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) in Florida is ALWAYS packed, they have great food and a neat atmosphere.

They have maybe 90 stores in most US states but I think there is some room to expand and grow. They are not everywhere yet.

Financials seem strong and I liek the management. Anaylsts like the company for the most part.

Anything I am missing?

Sniper
09-16-2005, 01:17 PM
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated (CAKE) will be presenting at two investment conferences in September. The dates and times of the presentations are as follows:

-- September 20, 2005 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time: Bank of America 35th Annual Investment Conference (San Francisco).

-- September 29, 2005 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time: 2005 RBC Capital Markets Consumer Conference (Orlando).

Investors may listen to the presentations live through the Internet by selecting the "Audio Webcasts" option under the "Investor" section of the Company's website located at http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com. An archived webcast will be available for two weeks following the September 20 presentation and thirty days following the September 29 presentation.

greg nice
09-16-2005, 01:42 PM
stores in northern NJ are always packed

vindikation
09-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Packed here in Los Angeles as well.

cdxx
09-16-2005, 03:39 PM
i know it's packed everywhere, but i can't stand the food. it's puzzling. i do think there's room to grow though. even at 30+ PE.

own it.

FishHooks
09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
One problem with the company is that they pay their workers more than they should. My dad manages a TGI. Fridays right next to one of these places in Florida and they take all his workers lol I would think they have high labor costs but can't confirm that.