PDA

View Full Version : how to start implenting no rabbit cam in your home game

09-16-2005, 12:56 PM
how have any of you implented the rule of no rabbit or no showing of the flop in your home game

dcasper70
09-16-2005, 01:05 PM
it's a home game.
it's supposed to be fun.
rabbit hunting is fun.
home game is fun.
rabbit hunting in home game is fun.

are you a nit?

FouTight
09-16-2005, 01:22 PM
you have cameras at your home game???

Spiph
09-16-2005, 01:51 PM
You can charge for rabbit hunting and include this amount in the next pot. 1BB should be enough for all rounds, or you could charge 1BB per round hunted (flop, turn and river). Thoughts?

09-16-2005, 02:15 PM
We have a rule in our game that if you want to rabbit hunt you must show your cards. It does cut down some on it.

deadmoney98
09-16-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We have a rule in our game that if you want to rabbit hunt you must show your cards. It does cut down some on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

I agree it is a home game and it should be fun, but no one has fun when you play ten hands an hour cause every hand is rabbit hunted. (Including some people who fold PRE-flop and then demand to see what would have happened.)

John Bedtelyon
09-16-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's a home game.
it's supposed to be fun.
rabbit hunting is fun.
home game is fun.
rabbit hunting in home game is fun.

are you a nit?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're defintitely a jackass. "Are you a nit?" Rabbit hunting slows down the game a lot and there is no point to it. The act of playing poker is fun, you don't need to add hunting into it.

Some home games are simply to have fun. Some people play for actual money, not nickles and dimes. Poker is poker and let people do what they want. No need to rain on there parade. I however would love to rain on your parade, but I'll save that for another time.

Ratman138
09-16-2005, 05:42 PM
how to implement it? try this: "hey guys, were not going to rabbit hunt anymore. why? because i said so."
seriously, just tell them no, we wont do it, it slows the game down. if you pass the dealer and a guy does it, make it a fine, but not 1bb, maybe like 3-4 to really deter the action.

Precept2
09-16-2005, 09:16 PM
One way I've seen that works is when someone wants to see it, whether you're dealing or not, start cleaning up the cards. We all play games with 2 decks. Act as if you're being helpful and getting ready for the next hand. Oops!

09-16-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can charge for rabbit hunting and include this amount in the next pot. 1BB should be enough for all rounds, or you could charge 1BB per round hunted (flop, turn and river). Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've thought about doing this. sounds like the best way to go

PokerGoblin
09-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Fish rabbit hunt. Thats why I will ALWAYS let them see what the flop, turn, river, and burn cards were to be if it means they will keep gambling.

It doesn't slow the game down if you have two decks going.

God Damn.

PG

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Who gives a fig? When someone wants to rabit hunt, I just flip it really fast and then scoop up the deck. Half the time they don't see and have to ask me, and I tell them, but I'm already dealing the next hand by that point.

"God Damn." Exactly.

-Craig

Ricardido
09-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Use it to your advantage sometimes- when my friends fold and say "can i see the next card" i usually find that they are on some draw or weak/unmade hand. This is all good info.

dcasper70
09-18-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rabbit hunting slows down the game a lot

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're basing your argument on this, then you need to get a better dealer. If you can't flip 2 cars in under 4 seconds, see a doctor.

[ QUOTE ]
and there is no point to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If your goal is to have fun, rabbit hunting is fun, that's a point.
If your goal is to make money, rabbit hunting can give a great deal of info about your opponents play. If you can't see that, then your next point is moot.

[ QUOTE ]
Some people play for actual money

[/ QUOTE ]
And if you're one of those people, you should use every weapon you can. If you didn't understand the previous point, this one won't matter to you either...

[ QUOTE ]
not nickles and dimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Last I checked, this is actual money. Might not mean much to you, but it meant a lot to the guy on the street who's cup is empty.

My original reply was in fun. Your response was not. I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone on this forum.

John Bedtelyon
09-18-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My original reply was in fun. Your response was not. I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling someone a nit isn't in fun, that was the whole point of my initial response. He asked a question, you didn't answer it and simply called him a name. Relax.

JMB

dcasper70
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Calling someone a nit isn't in fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it is. especially if you follow it with a smiley, like this...

You sir, are truly a nit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

John Bedtelyon
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Calling someone a nit isn't in fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it is. especially if you follow it with a smiley, like this...

You sir, are truly a nit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche kind sir, touche.

I am kind of a nit, aren't I. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JMB

roxtar
09-19-2005, 03:39 AM
This got to be a problem in my game too (to the point where EVERY damned had was rabbit hunted, truly rediculous). So I just made a 3 hand per night rule where every one is only allowed to ask for 3 hands to be rabbit hunted. This has gotten it down to a tolerable level.

Buckyinsc
09-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Really digressing here, but do you know what a "nit" is?

They're really quite gross, and I hope I never see any.

Buz
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Our rule: Pot winner may "sell" the rabbit hunt for 1 SB to the loser. Winner has the right to refuse. Our game is friendly and I've not seen anyone refuse the chips when asked, "Can I buy the rabbit from you?"

SamIAm
09-19-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really digressing here, but do you know what a "nit" is?

They're really quite gross, and I hope I never see any.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I'd contribute (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nit) to the discussion.
-Sam
http://www.headlice.org/images/lifecycle1.gif

steviej1717
09-19-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't flip 2 cars in under 4 seconds, see a doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the best typos ever

JonPKibble
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
What is the big deal about rabbit hunting? If results oriented players enjoy it, let them have it. Do you really want to be a nit and scare away dead money from your home game?