PDA

View Full Version : roller skating trip report

bosoxfan
09-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Yes, it’s a slow day at work.
My kids’ school rented out the roller rink for two hours last night. Since my wife had a prior engagement I had the honor of taking my 2 daughters. This place has been in business since I was a kid but I have never been in it. The layout is a snack bar and about 6 tables when you walk in. Next to that we have 4 classic video games. The first is a Demolition Man pinball machine, with Stallone and Wesley Snipes staring at you. A shooting game I had never seen and don’t remember the name of. Followed by Galaxia(sp?) and Millipede.

The lower level has the DJ booth, skate rental room and the skating floor. The skating floor has all the lights and disco balls and stuff all over it. There are about 50 kids ranging from K to 6th grade, 75% are girls and 90% don’t know how to skate. Kind of funny but no spectacular crashes.

The DJ is playing top 40 music and kind of being a dick. There is room full of mostly little girls falling all over the place and shrieking and yelling as they do it. Mr. DJ keeps announcing that there is no yelling. What the hell did he expect?

There are two skate guards who skate around with the kids making sure they all go the same way and don’t run each other over. One of them is a guy around 35 years old. This struck me as kind of weird, you’re a grown man who works at the roller skating place as a skate guard? The other was very unattractive teenage girl. Combine this with the fact that there was not a MILF to be found led to a depressing scene.

8 o’clock finally rolls around and it’s time to leave. The kids had fun but I cannot say the same. They asked when they can go back and told them as soon as your Mom takes you.

swede123
09-16-2005, 11:58 AM
You should teach your kids to do some badass roller ball moves. That might make for a more interesting next trip.

Swede

09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it’s a slow day at work.
My kids’ school rented out the roller rink for two hours last night. Since my wife had a prior engagement I had the honor of taking my 2 daughters. This place has been in business since I was a kid but I have never been in it. The layout is a snack bar and about 6 tables when you walk in. Next to that we have 4 classic video games. The first is a Demolition Man pinball machine, with Stallone and Wesley Snipes staring at you. A shooting game I had never seen and don’t remember the name of. Followed by Galaxia(sp?) and Millipede.

The lower level has the DJ booth, skate rental room and the skating floor. The skating floor has all the lights and disco balls and stuff all over it. There are about 50 kids ranging from K to 6th grade, 75% are girls and 90% don’t know how to skate. Kind of funny but no spectacular crashes.

The DJ is playing top 40 music and kind of being a dick. There is room full of mostly little girls falling all over the place and shrieking and yelling as they do it. Mr. DJ keeps announcing that there is no yelling. What the hell did he expect?

There are two skate guards who skate around with the kids making sure they all go the same way and don’t run each other over. One of them is a guy around 35 years old. This struck me as kind of weird, you’re a grown man who works at the roller skating place as a skate guard? The other was very unattractive teenage girl. Combine this with the fact that there was not an attractive teenage girl to be found led to a depressing scene.

8 o’clock finally rolls around and it’s time to leave. The kids had fun but I cannot say the same. They asked when they can go back and told them as soon as your Mom takes you.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP