PDA

View Full Version : ATo missed on bluff-friendly board

Roy6
09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
4/8, 5 handed game

I raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP, Button calls, and so does BB, who just sat down.

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, I bet, Button folds, BB raises, I call (??)

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I fold

1. I'm confused in this situation.
First I'm a little bit unsure about the flop bet. This is not the kind of flop that a typical coldcaller will fold for 1 bet, (although he did it in this case) so our chances to get the button are rather reduced (?).

2. In this forum it's often advocated that the BB should check-raise these kind of flops with any ace.
I'm ahead of these hands, but I don't think it would be EV+ for me to call down this hand all the way UI.
Can I call on the flop? What are my plans for an A/T turn?

3. The turn card convinced me not to call down. If he was bluffing with some kind of straight draw, he might have it, at least a pair now.
What turn card other than an ace or ten could convince you to stay?

spydog
09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Flop bet is fine. Paired boards scare many players, so you should expect a lot of folding on this type of board.

The CR is tough. If I'm holding AT+ then i like to call it down against an unknown (even more so if the flop is more drawy). Once I commit to calling down, I generally won't fold unless the turn and river are both broadway cards.

FWIW, I probably call down with ace high more than the average TAG. Oh, and I probably value bet Ace high more than the average TAG. /images/graemlins/blush.gif