PDA

View Full Version : Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior

SL__72
09-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Anyone seen this? I thought the previews looked pretty cool and Netflix is shipping it me today. Should I be excited by this? Am I wasting a rental?

asofel
09-16-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone seen this? I thought the previews looked pretty cool and Netflix is shipping it me today. Should I be excited by this? Am I wasting a rental?

[/ QUOTE ]

its sold out every damn local store i check

SL__72
09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
It said "very long wait" on my netflix queue so I was pleasently suprised to see that it is shipping today.

ethan
09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
So it's _your_ fault netflix hasn't sent me the damn thing yet.

bastard.

I've heard it's excellent. You should be excited, watch it the day it shows up, and send it back so they can ship it to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It said "very long wait" on my netflix queue

[/ QUOTE ]

My fault. It's been sitting next to my TV while I've been in Vegas all week. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

john smith
09-16-2005, 12:01 PM
I watched it about two weeks ago, and the main character (Tony Jaa?) easily puts Jet Li/Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan to shame. The plot isn't great but the action is phenomenal, the moves this guy busts out are just flat out ridiculous. You should definitely be excited about this.

asofel
09-16-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It said "very long wait" on my netflix queue

[/ QUOTE ]

My fault. It's been sitting next to my TV while I've been in Vegas all week. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey jake! happy bir--oh wait, nm

SL__72
09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Thats really all I was hoping for, I should get it tomorrow so it will probably be watched and shipped out by Monday.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It said "very long wait" on my netflix queue so I was pleasently suprised to see that it is shipping today.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been saying long wait on my queue for a bit now too. This is one of those like Sin City that is just destined to stay in the queue a long time, I think, while newer or less active accounts get it immediately.

jakethebake
09-16-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those like Sin City that is just destined to stay in the queue a long time

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my fault too. I moved and gave them the wrong address and reported it missing in the mail twice so I actually had three copies out at once. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

InchoateHand
09-16-2005, 12:39 PM
If you like this sort of thing, which I do, its incredibly [censored] amazing, and the people who made it, know that---they'll do slow-mo triple cuts of hot moves, because, of course, thats what we are watching it for.

Of course, its also riddled with classic Thai chauvinism---to the point of being funny. First the simple villager has to beat up a series of foreigners (representing American service men, Australian tourists, foreign criminals, etc), but in the end the big battle is predicated on kicking a Burmese guys ass. (For those who don't know, Thai history is a long story of getting their asses handed to them by various Burmese monarchs).

Awesome flick.

Shajen
09-16-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those like Sin City that is just destined to stay in the queue a long time

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my fault too. I moved and gave them the wrong address and reported it missing in the mail twice so I actually had three copies out at once. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DICK

-Skeme-
09-16-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched it about two weeks ago, and the main character (Tony Jaa?) easily puts Jet Li/Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan to shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, no he doesn't. Maybe Jet Li, but definitely not Bruce and MOST definitely not Jackie Chan.

I saw the movie in theatres and I downloaded the DVD rip, it didn't have subtitles so I don't watch it. The movie was pretty cool up until all this gay unbelievable stuff started happening. Particularly the chase scenes in the little carts or whatever. The main character also does about 500 flying elbows which get repetitive and boring. There's also a fight scene where some buff Joey Fatone lookalike throws EVERYTHING at the main character. Beer bottles, tables, clocks, live crabs, everything. That also gets repetitive and annoying.

Overall it's like a 6.4/10.

Jerkass333
09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The main character also does about 500 flying elbows which get repetitive and boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no they don't.

bohemian
09-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Best martial arts film of all time.