PDA

View Full Version : The Dull Streaks/Sessions

john kane
09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
anyone else find it so boring when your playing and you sit there and repeatedly get dealt rags, miss the flop whenever you've limped or raised.

Yesterday playing mainly 2-4NL 6 max i took a sod load of bad beats when all in, but hey, i knew i would of been up a nice amount if they held up. But the past month ive had far too many of these 'dull sessions'. I sit there for a couple of hours, win about 8% of my hands.
Im raising preflop with A10-AK, 99-AA, amount depending on position and table, limping with any suited connectors or gap suited connectors and 22-88. but just nothing hits time and time again, and my preflop fold % is around the mid 60s. is that way too high? having said that, i know it just depends on what cards i get dealt, other times its around the 50% when im hot and my win % around 18-20%.

do you guys also have these 'dull sessions', no big wins, no real bad beats as your not in any of the big hands, and you dropped around 1/2 a buy in on each table (i two table)just being worn down.

sometimes if there is a aggressive fish on the table you sit there just hoping to trap him but it you never hit that top pair or better.

this game gets so irratating. during these 'dull sessions' i just feel im not getting to use anything ive learnt as in how to maximise profit from hands, implied pot odds etc. im just on fold mode or raise-check/fold mode or call-fold mode.

AZK
09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
welcome to the world of poker.

captZEEbo1
09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't call it dull, but more like frustrating...

Yeti
09-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I would call it dull.