PDA

View Full Version : How much of roll is too much to spend on Satellites for WSOP events?

People_Mover
09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I've built a small roll over this year. How much is too much to spend on Satellites for WSOP events. Where I play, they are offering 100+8s, 1/110 gets a seat in the 11K event OR 10.00 super sat. 1/12 gets a seat into the 100+8. What's a reasonable percentage of your roll to spend? 10%, 25% 50%. Of course, big risks big rewards. Just seeing what others did to qualify for any events they played this year.

Indiana
09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
If you are smart you can get in for nothing. I got into the Main Event for $10.50 on pokerstars.com. Actually, I made $ along the way by placing in the top 8 in the double shootouts so technically they paid me a few hundred to win the seat.

Good Luck,

Indy

SoBeDude
09-16-2005, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't spend more than 15% of your roll. So if you keep playing and keep building the roll, you can keep making additional attempt.

As a rule I don't think one should deplete their roll to attempt to win a seat to an event where they will then have to again attempt to win before they get any return.

-Scott