PDA

View Full Version : 5-10NL AA hand probably screwed up

McStinky
09-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi all. This is my first time posting a hand. My read on the villain was not clear. He mostly seemed conservative, but did once bluff off all his chips on the river with just an AK that never paired. I had a tight image and had been folding a lot.

I'd like opinions on my play at all points in the hand. First of all, was it completely stupid not to reraise preflop? Once I did call, what should I have done differently?

Party Poker (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($1240)
SB ($192.50)
Hero ($1728)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button raises to $45, 1 fold</font>, Hero calls $45.

Flop: ($95) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $70, Hero calls $70.

Turn: ($235) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $100, Button raises to $300, Hero calls $200.

River: ($835) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $450, Hero folds.

radioheadfan
09-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I only like the preflop call if you plan to checkraise the flop. Otherwise, just start pouring money in preflop, and hope he 3-bets his TT-KK or AK.

McStinky
09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I thought about checkraising, but I didn't have a plan for if my checkraise got called. I feel funny about checking the turn after checkraising the flop, but I also am not thrilled about putting more money into this pot.

captZEEbo1
09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
this is the ugliest hand ever lol. IMO you misplayed all FOUR streets (except arguably flop).

Reraise preflop, failing that make a fatty flop c/r. Since you donked the turn and got raised, there was no point calling if you going to fold to a relatively non-scare card on river (okay it completes the random 9 straight).

Circle5823
09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I always try to get all my money in as soon as possible in the hand with AA. Reraise pre, if you take it down, fine. If he calls, play fast and hard.

IMO, when you reraise pre you want to reraise enough that the whole stack goes in on the flop. No post flop maneuvering allowed!

john kane
09-16-2005, 01:30 PM
why on earth are you not reraising preflop?

terrible decision to call preflop, if your not reraising preflop with AA heads up you must be mad.