PDA

View Full Version : 6-tabling

Bez
09-16-2005, 11:16 AM
How do I alter my monitor/settings so that I can play 6-tables with no overlap? This is vital in helping me improve my win-rate and bonus whoring.

SheridanCat
09-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow, 6 tabling on the same monitor? You'll need 1600x1200 just to 4-table. I think you're going to be best off if you multi-head your system.

Windows XP (and earlier if you must) can support more than a single graphics card. You'd need to get a second grapics card and install that. The system should recognize it. Then, if you hook another monitor up, you'll be multiheaded. Your desktop should stretch across both screens and you're most will move from one monitor to another.

Be sure to get a second monitor that does the same resolution as the first. I once tried multiheading with monitors at two different resolutions and the effect was disorienting.

Regards,

T

09-16-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 6 tabling on the same monitor? You'll need 1600x1200 just to 4-table. I think you're going to be best off if you multi-head your system.

Windows XP (and earlier if you must) can support more than a single graphics card. You'd need to get a second grapics card and install that. The system should recognize it. Then, if you hook another monitor up, you'll be multiheaded. Your desktop should stretch across both screens and you're most will move from one monitor to another.

Be sure to get a second monitor that does the same resolution as the first. I once tried multiheading with monitors at two different resolutions and the effect was disorienting.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

How were you able to get your desktop to strecth on both monitors? I am running two video cards with a 19 and 17 inch monitor but can't seem to get my desktop to stretch across.

Any help appreciated.

SheridanCat
09-16-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How were you able to get your desktop to strecth on both monitors? I am running two video cards with a 19 and 17 inch monitor but can't seem to get my desktop to stretch across.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I haven't been multi-headed in some years. I did a Google search on:

"windows xp" "stretched desktop"

and turned up a few clues, but I'm now thinking maybe this is a function of the video drives and not of anything build into Windows itself.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. You might try the Computer Help forum, I'm sure they know about a billion times more about computer hardware than I do.

Regards,

T

09-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Sheridan, thanks for the advice. I will look inthe computer forum to see. But at least i know i can adjust the resolution so that 4 tables on one monitor without everlap.

Currently, i play 2 tables, one on each monitor.

BlackRain
09-16-2005, 03:50 PM
I play 6 or more all the time on a crap computer with a 15" monitor adjusted to 1072x768 or some resolution. I just stack them on top of each other like you would a deck of cards. When an action is needed, a window will pop up to the top. It seems like many people want to have them spread out so they can see each one. For me, having never done this, I never feel the need to have this.

Bez
09-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I don't like stacking tables because of the chance of clicking on the wrong table as it pops up.

Pov
09-16-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Any help appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is part of Windows. Go to you Control Panel > Display > Settings tab. It should show both your monitors. Then click the Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor. You can drag the second monitor to the left, right, or even above your primary to determine which side to roll your mouse off to reach the second monitor. It's pretty straight forward from there.

mattw
09-17-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 6 or more all the time on a crap computer with a 15" monitor adjusted to 1072x768 or some resolution. I just stack them on top of each other like you would a deck of cards. When an action is needed, a window will pop up to the top. It seems like many people want to have them spread out so they can see each one. For me, having never done this, I never feel the need to have this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i use to think and do the same thing. play 5-6 tables on a crap monitor. one day at best buy, on an impulse purchase i got a samsung syncmaster 213T, the equivelant of a high priced dell 2100fp. within days i ordered the dell 200fp. the amount of info gained from seeing all the tables at once and no more misclicks has paid for them.