PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Clearing - Stud Vs Limit HE

POKhER
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Where do i post this? Isnt micro Q.. .isnt stud... isnt internet...

Anyhow.

Stud, You dont pay the blind unless you have lowest card right? So it might be good to sit at 4tables and let the pots be raked and give you points for a bonus right?

So my question is, you pay the blind at a .50/1 table 75cents each Ten hands you play (And see flop sometimes).

At a stud table, whats the chance/How often will i have to pay the ante? It works out cheaper right?

Basically wondering if i should learn stud, sit at 4x and let paradise bonus clear cause i hate playing poker there.

Thanks.

EStreet20
09-16-2005, 12:13 PM
You'll slit your wrists. I hate paradise because it's so slo wand each stud hand takes a lot longer then a hold'em hand. Plus you ante on every single hand. You're confused with the bring in bet, which the low card on board must pay. So you pay a blind 100% of the time in stud as opposed to 20% in ten handed holdem.

Good luck,
Matt

POKhER
09-16-2005, 01:47 PM
7card stud is just the bring in NO?

Was when i played some 0.04/.08?!?!?!?

Im wondering whats the chance/how often (According to averages etc?) will i have to pay the bring in though?

I guess its tiny, but its -EV if i have to pay it alot(If im not playing any hands to win it back).

If every hand exceeds $5 i get 1Point, which is equivelent to 10Cents.

SO i get 10cents a hand, if on average i pay out less than 10cents each hand its +ev.

So ill clear paradise doing that.

Are you sure you have to pay ante in 7Stud (Not hi lo).

timprov
09-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Paradise has no-ante Stud and Stud/8 up to .5/1. I tried clearing bonus there and it stinks, there is virtually no action in the game and maybe one hand in 5 is raked. It's not an easy profit by any means.

POKhER
09-16-2005, 06:21 PM
yeh hence i went for 1/2...

So i sat down, Got dealt nice cards played aggressive after realising everyone payed the ante and lef $3 up LOL.*Wiped sweat from head*.

Guess its .50/1 HE /images/graemlins/frown.gif Dam.

Thanks you two /images/graemlins/smile.gif