PDA

View Full Version : A Neat Table

DavidC
09-16-2005, 10:25 AM
AdamL and I were sitting on the same table for a bit tonight.

Going around the table clockwise, there was myself, then a 69/2/0.5 guy, then a 14/10/2 guy, then a 39/6/0.75 guy, then adam, then a 42/3/1 guy... then me.

6 players. 3 sharks, three fish, interspersed evenly.

It was pretty damn hilarious, because each fish has their own personal buddy who was destined to get the most of their money, a shepherd through the valley the shadow of variance, if you will.

The funny thing is that we were all rooting for our own fish to win the hands that we weren't involved in. And you'd see someoen else's fish checkraise on a paired board, and our fish call, and we'd yell, "No! Run! Fold your hand! That's MY money you're giving away!"

I swear, it was the most enjoyable game of poker I've played in a long time.

bozlax
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is that we were all rooting for our own fish to win the hands that we weren't involved in. And you'd see someoen else's fish checkraise on a paired board, and our fish call, and we'd yell, "No! Run! Fold your hand! That's MY money you're giving away!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a table last night with a kid 2 seats to my left that was amazing. I only was with him for 40 hands or so, but for the first 25 of those he was 100/6...he was at about 3 BB when I sat down, and managed to suck out 12BB or so from me and a couple of other people right off the bat to get up to 32 BB or so. Then he starts bleeding it all back. As he's getting close to the end of his stack, again, I'm silently begging him to stay out of pots until I can get a hand to play. He went out before I had all mine back, and I was pissed, and then GLORY BE, he bought back in for 5 BB and a few pennies, and dumped that to me on the next hand, bringing me to 1 BB in the green. I may have to send him a Christmas card.

Baloosh
09-16-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I was at a table last night with a kid 2 seats to my left that was amazing. I only was with him for 40 hands or so, but for the first 25 of those he was 100/6...he was at about 3 BB when I sat down, and managed to suck out 12BB or so from me and a couple of other people right off the bat to get up to 32 BB or so. Then he starts bleeding it all back. As he's getting close to the end of his stack, again, I'm silently begging him to stay out of pots until I can get a hand to play. He went out before I had all mine back, and I was pissed, and then GLORY BE, he bought back in for 5 BB and a few pennies, and dumped that to me on the next hand, bringing me to 1 BB in the green. I may have to send him a Christmas card.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it doesn't cost you more than 1BB (including tax) then that would still be a +EV decision.

AdamL
09-16-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I swear, it was the most enjoyable game of poker I've played in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. /images/graemlins/smile.gif