PDA

View Full Version : OT: Party Points - a warning and a question about the swag.

se2schul
09-16-2005, 10:21 AM
So I decided to redeem some of my Party Points I've earned from SNGs for some swag. I got the Party Poker Hooded Sweatshirt, size XL. Pretty much all the shirts I own are XL and all the shorts I own are L.

I'm a big buy, 6 feet and 210 lbs. I workout daily. Anyway, the sweatshirt came, but it was too tight on the shoulders. No big deal, I can give it to the girlfriend. It'll be too big on her, but she'll like it anyways.

I decided to place another order for a XXL sweatshirt, and I also ordered the XXL Polo Shirt. Well, they came. The sweatshirt fit perfectly. The Polo shirt on the other hand was a disaster. It was HUGE. Not just a little too big, but absolutlely monsterous. The sleeves come half way between my elbows and my forearms, and the body is so big that 2 of me could easily fit inside it. Everyone that sees me in it laughs for about 5 minutes. Maybe I should've posted this in the "FatAss" thread, cause there's nothing I can do with that shirt unless I gain about 100 lbs.

Anyway, I just thought I'd warn people about the sizes. Sweatshirt XXL is not equal to polo XXL.

So, what size of polo shirt does a 210 lbs guy need? Small? Judging by the size of the XXL, I'm guessing that the XL is probably too big for me too. Has anyone ordered the XL? How big are you and how does it fit?

beetyjoose
09-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I find this extremely funny.

Apathy
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I find this extremely funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it because the OP seems geuninly concerned that he may not be able to impress his friends by wearing party gear of the appropriate size? 'Cause that cracked me up a little.

OP:

This stuff is not gold, it's free clothing that you can line your dog's bed with, rip up and use as rags, or donate to charity (That Polo could house a family of four).

se2schul
09-16-2005, 10:42 AM
I should probably warn about the beach towels too.

These things are weird. I was hoping to use them as bath towels, but I just can't. The towel has weird pouches and handles so that you can kinda turn the towel inside out and it turns into a gay purse for the beach. My girlfriend, who collects purses found it so funny that I accidentally ordered this towel that turns into a purse. Now whenever I go anywhere with her, she always says: "Oh, ask Steve about his poker-man-purse" because she knows it bugs me.

Anyway, you may not want to get these unless you like carrying man purses to the beach. But who knows... maybe you're comfortable hanging junk like that in your bathroom.

networkman
09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info, I was just about to order a hoody. I'm 6'6' and about 16 stone (224 lbs) Guess I should forget it.

Hellmouth
09-16-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info, I was just about to order a hoody. I'm 6'6' and about 16 stone (224 lbs) Guess I should forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a caveman? Why not just use a standard scale instead of stones? BTW who puts the stones on?

Greg

se2schul
09-16-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even the XXL sweatshirt would be too short for your build - it fits me perfectly and you have 6" more to cover vertically.

stupidsucker
09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a caveman? Why not just use a standard scale instead of stones? BTW who puts the stones on?

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I stupid, or is the irony in this statement funny?
<font color="white"> you can chose only one</font>

stupidsucker
09-16-2005, 12:53 PM
BTW, I would try writing party and asking them for another shirt.

Those shirts, hats, towels are all advertising for them....If they knew you would wear them, they would send you a full wardrobe for free. If you like it, wear it. Party would probably send you some stuff if you just ask. Just explain the situation and tell them you would love to wear some party gear.

1C5
09-16-2005, 01:03 PM
why do you play sngs on party inthe 1st place?

se2schul
09-16-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Money and fun. I don't do it professionally.

se2schul
09-16-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're wondering why I chose the clothes, it wasn't for fashion. I'm a practical, low-maintenance kinda guy. I do a lot of scuba diving, and having crappy sweatshirts around to keep me warm are handy. I usually wear polo shirts in the office. I have some from beer companies and some that I bought from Mountain Equipment Co-op, and I thought that it would be nice to add a poker shirt or two to my work wardrobe.

Newt_Buggs
09-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Play on empire instead and use your points to order enough shot glasses to build a tower in your room.

Apathy
09-16-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play on empire instead and use your points to order enough shot glasses to build a tower in your room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could buy just under 100 shot glasses right now, is that a good idea?

EdgePort
09-16-2005, 01:58 PM
That is a great idea.. I want to see the picture of this tower.

networkman
09-16-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're wondering why I chose the clothes, it wasn't for fashion. I'm a practical, low-maintenance kinda guy. I do a lot of scuba diving, and having crappy sweatshirts around to keep me warm are handy. I usually wear polo shirts in the office. I have some from beer companies and some that I bought from Mountain Equipment Co-op, and I thought that it would be nice to add a poker shirt or two to my work wardrobe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, same here. I'm an old man compared to most of you (41)I wear a suit for work and don't care about labels for my fishing, camping, &lt;insert outdoor activity here&gt; clothes.

networkman
09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha thats pretty funny mate.

I don't even know why I used stones, I've been living in the UK for over 10 years now (I'm from Toronto) I guess I'm finally becoming anglicized /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm right into test cricket these days and LOVED watching England win the ashes so yes I AM anglicized.

lorinda
09-16-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

You stole our scale and left the stones behind.

Asking why we don't use the American scale on an American website would indeed be one thing, however asking why we don't use the STANDARD scale, would be incorrect, as stones would be standard for any of the two real nations plus satellites like Canada still stupid enough to use pounds.

In fact, if anything we're all donkeys because most of the world uses kilogram(me)s now. I wouldn't know a kilo if it fell on me and had a big "K" in the middle of it.

Lori

se2schul
09-16-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plus satellites like Canada still stupid enough to use pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not fair to say that we Canadians still use pounds. We are stupid though, cause we let the USA's disregard for all things metric affect us. Canada is a messed up nation due to it's proximity to the USA.

See if you can make sense of this:
I buy my meat in grams, but report my weight in pounds.
I tell my neighbour that I drove 2km, but I report my height in feet and inches.
I only know water temperature in degrees F, but air temp only makes sense in degrees C.
When I scuba dive, depth is in feet instead of meters and pressure is in PSI instead of BAR.

The sad thing is that most kids who make it through highschool in Canada become the master of the SI unit and all things metric, yet for some reason we just accept that some things just aren't to be reported in metric.

Weird...

Newt_Buggs
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm, you've got me beat, I can only order about 90. I did use some of my points for a freeroll once though. I think it would be a cool challenge to see who could build the largest tower out of empire shot glasses though

lorinda
09-16-2005, 02:34 PM
I only know air temp in F over 65, and C under 10, if it's in between I don't understand it at all.

I doubt I'm the only Brit with this problem.

Lori

mcpherzen
09-16-2005, 03:04 PM
On a side note, how embarrassing is Party's Points Club? Here they are as the biggest online site with the most recognizable name, and they have about 7 items, all of which look like complete crap. You can't even get a freaking T-shirt. I love the "baseball jersey." Ummm...they must not play much baseball in Canada, because I've seen baseball jerseys before and that is no baseball jersey. They may as well call that a "Diamond-studded Armored Vest" because it isn't that either. At Empire, you can get an iPod. At Stars you can get lots of poker books and poker chip sets. At Party you can get flip-flops and a beach man-purse. You'd think the site with zero rakeback would have the best stuff in their rewards club, but it's the exact opposite. Does anyone play there anymore?

--Z

se2schul
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, how embarrassing is Party's Points Club?

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I've just stopped playing there and gone to Empire, but I still have a whack of points.

ewing55
09-16-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also buy money. That's better than the shot glasses. (At least for most people. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

You can also buy into the monthly $10,000 VIP EPoints Tournament for 2,000 points. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know how many players signed up last month or the Payout structure?

Any Thoughts or should I just buy $50 for 5,000 EPoints?

--------------Jeff

skipperbob
09-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I guess I can quit worrying about getting banned for too much off-topic nonsense....Nobody's watching /images/graemlins/confused.gif