PDA

View Full Version : Last 16 in MTT

09-16-2005, 10:07 AM
My friend has reached the last 16 of a MTT. blinds are 1K-2K and he is the short stack on the table with 21K... UTG+1 (approx same size stack) raises to 6K, he is next to act with 99 and moves all-in. Given that the initial raiser probably has no worse than 77/KQ (though some people on the table have been caught raising with A-rag, this raiser was new to the table) and will be getting 2-1 to call, and someone else may wake up with a hand, was this the right time to make a move?

betgo
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
I started to say raise with the money shallow, but I don't know your stack size or the stack sizes or the players behind you. I also don't know if there is ante.

If you are short stacked, I would push. If you have 30xBB and the players behind you do too, it may be too dangerous to reraise from early position. I would probably call, but maybe reraise or fold.

diebitter
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Where does ITM lie? First 10?

09-16-2005, 10:59 AM
first 9

09-16-2005, 11:29 AM
well according to HOH2 your M is about 7 here.(providing there is no antes).but in a few hands your M will go down to just 6 providing the blinds dont go up till then.
given this information i would deffo push all in if i was first to enter the pot.but the person openning the pot has almost the same stack as you and is also the first person opening the pot.your out of position is not good at all so a flat call is deffo out of question i think.too many peopl to act behind you and too much of a chance some one has a hand.i would prob fold here my self but an all in move would not be horrible play either i dont think.