PDA

View Full Version : AA vs solid TAG

09-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Villian is a solid TAG with 14.1/8.9/2.7 over 350 hands

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero?

So what do i do from here? raise? call?

sean c
09-16-2005, 10:29 AM
The only hand your behind that he raises pre flop UTG is TT. I would three bet or call and raise the river.

09-16-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hand your behind that he raises pre flop UTG is TT. I would three bet or call and raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, but which other hands will he play this way?

brettbrettr
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to pairs you beat, he could easily be trying to get you to fold. I'm not sure I don't like a river raise here. Seems unlikely he's pushing ace-high here given your pre-flop 3 bet, and he'll prob bet the river. Same # of bets, with a little added metagame my calls should scare you chit.

winky51
09-16-2005, 10:39 AM
I would 3 bet because there is only one hand ere that beats you out of the 5.

3 poss way behind (TT)
1 poss tie (AA)
18 poss way ahead (JJ-KK)

If he thinks your a TAG he might play a big pair differently knowing this since it will be more difficult to extract money from you. Normally you expect a CAP in this situation PF if he had JJ-AA but he is also OOP

Octopus
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ? JJ? A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif? Maybe even KK or AA if he was trying to trick you pre-flop (or if he just never caps pre-flop to avoid giving away his hand; I've seen 14/9 players like that). Or maybe just two cards and he decided to try and push around someone he knows could just have AK and is capable of laying down a hand.

09-16-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would 3 bet because there is only one hand ere that beats you out of the 5.

3 poss way behind (TT)
1 poss tie (AA)
18 poss way ahead (JJ-KK)

If he thinks your a TAG he might play a big pair differently knowing this since it will be more difficult to extract money from you. Normally you expect a CAP in this situation PF if he had JJ-AA but he is also OOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i would expect a cap with those hands but if he's not capping it preflop i would atleast expect him to do something on the flop with those holdings?

Octopus
09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes i would expect a cap with those hands but if he's not capping it preflop i would atleast expect him to do something on the flop with those holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

For lots of people, waiting until the turn heads-up is SOP.

09-16-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For lots of people, waiting until the turn heads-up is SOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will he really do that with QQ or JJ? If he can fold those hands that would be possible, otherwise it seems like an expensive way of playing them. I chop with AA and i win against KK, but am i really good often enough for a raise. I wont be able to lay this down so it seems like im risking alot to win a little.

winky51
09-16-2005, 11:44 AM
But lets say you chk-raze the flop. AK is still calling for the turn. So either way Ak is seeing the turn.

2+2 wannabe
09-16-2005, 12:27 PM
could he make this move with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif?
A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif?
A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif?

krubban
09-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Noone has mentioned 99 so far, i think that's a very likely holding too. I would call the turn and raise the river. By 3-betting the turn you will fold out some hands that will bet the river if you just call.
While JJ might fold the turn to your 3-bet he will almost always call your raise on the river. And if he's on some kind of of weird bluff you give him a chance to bluff again on the river.

callmedonnie
09-16-2005, 01:13 PM
reraise. he has kings. or tens which you pay off.