PDA

View Full Version : Straight draw out of postion

nicky g
09-16-2005, 08:57 AM
PLO50 online. Everyone has about 50. Bad player UTG raises. I next in call w 6789 (suits irrelevant). No reads on player but the game is of the sort where a lot of people only raise w aces, and will happily bet again on a missed board. Two others call.

Flop 56t with two hearts, I have no hearts. Raiser bets pot of 10. Hero...? Easy all in? It's the possibility of someone calling w hearts that worries me.

autobet
09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
The advantage to calling is you can save your stack if a heart or 5, 10 come on the turn.

The advantage to raising is you may get a flush draw to fold giving you four extra outs, and have a chance to win on the flop if everyone folds.

I tend to call if a flush draw is out, but raising is okay.

KDawgCometh
09-16-2005, 04:12 PM
I think calling is better then raising here. Many players at the lower limits will call off big amounts with flush draws because that's what they do in NL games. If a solid turn card comes off, pound it

09-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I call here and then decide on the turn whether or not to commit the rest of my stack. Given that you have 2 other callers behind you, it is almost a given that some sort of flush draw is out there.