PDA

View Full Version : 2 table $55 on pokerstars

curtains
05-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Hi, its early in a 2 table tournament on pokerstars and the blinds are 15-30. I have $1300 in chips and AA in front of the cutoff seat and everyone folds to me. I raised to $90, the SB called and everyone else folded.

Flop comes J86 2 spades, I have no spade.......SB checks, I bet $300, SB very quickly goes all in, which covers me. What to do?

Jimbo
05-04-2003, 07:14 PM
"What to do?"

You call.

Fmonti
05-04-2003, 08:10 PM
The most likely scenario is the sb has 2 spades, but its possible he made a set and less likely 2 pair. Its a tough decision because its early in the tournament and you don't want to get eliminated, but I think the deciding factor for me is you have 1/4 of your chips in the pot..I'd go for it /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

DavidYoung
05-04-2003, 09:53 PM
It's uncanny. This story reminds me very much of a hand that I played. Only the facts have been changed. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I was playing in a $33 two table event on Pokerstars when, in the mid to late stages when the blinds were higher than in your story, I had 86o. A player in middle position made a raise that I could call without sacrificing much of my stack. I figured that if I hit something I would get the lot from him.

I called and the flop came J 8 6 with 2 spades, rather like in your story. I checked and he bet 300. I moved all-in and he called like a good'un just like I wanted him to. People often figure this play for a bluff when there is some draw that they can put you on.

The other guy turned over aces and nothing changed.

DY

curtains
05-05-2003, 12:10 AM
New question....who thinks David Young should have called me from the SB for $75 more? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.... but honestly, does it make any sense to let the hand go after the flop? I called and lost to 86o as the previous poster explained..

Punker
05-05-2003, 08:25 AM
You should have played the sicilian to begin with! Or at least ask Jen for advice...

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-05-2003, 08:44 AM
You didn't say which cards on the board were spades, but the way the sb played it sounded to me like he had A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and went all-in with top pair, top kicker and the nut flush draw. I'd still have called.