PDA

View Full Version : how do i transfer digital video mini-cassette to computer??

KaneKungFu123
09-16-2005, 04:49 AM
i bought a camcorder that records on mini-cassettes. how do i transfer this to a computer so that i can burn it to a CD?

pryor15
09-16-2005, 05:01 AM
firewire cable that should have come w/ the camera. upload it into some generic video editing software. it should tell you the rest from there.

09-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Use the JFGI protocol

KaneKungFu123
09-16-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
firewire cable that should have come w/ the camera. upload it into some generic video editing software. it should tell you the rest from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what is confusing me.

IEEE1394 Fireware.

my camera didnt come with one. i dont see where on my notebook it would go, based on the picture in the book.

Jersey Nick
09-16-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IEEE1394 Fireware.

my camera didnt come with one. i dont see where on my notebook it would go, based on the picture in the book.

[/ QUOTE ]
The cable almost never comes with. If you don't have a firewire input on the laptop, you should be able to get a cable that will convert firewire to USB2. If you don't have at least a USB2 connection on your laptop, you may be up the creek.

KaneKungFu123
09-16-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IEEE1394 Fireware.

[/ QUOTE ]
The cable almost never comes with. If you don't have a firewire input on the laptop, you should be able to get a cable that will convert firewire to USB2. If you don't have at least a USB2 connection on your laptop, you may be up the creek.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there somewhere on my computer (like control panel) i can look to see if i have USB2?

hopefully if this one doesnt have it, my other one at hme will, that one has diresct entry for SD memory card.

Jersey Nick
09-16-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is there somewhere on my computer (like control panel) i can look to see if i have USB2?

hopefully if this one doesnt have it, my other one at hme will, that one has diresct entry for SD memory card.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be able to tell from the device manager list under system in the control panel. If the home PC is new enough to have an SD port, there's a good chance that it has a fire wire input, USB2, or ideally a video "S" cable input.

KaneKungFu123
09-16-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or ideally a video "S" cable input.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this look like a 'spade' with a square hole at the base and four dot holes at the top?