PDA

View Full Version : AA Top Set, River Decision

DavidC
09-16-2005, 04:16 AM
Villain is TAA: 16/8.5/2, lotsa hands.

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero?

Shillx
09-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Raise again. The river didn't change a thing here.

AdamL
09-16-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You rock Shillx. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

shant
09-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Raise. He has QQ or TT way more than any hand with a K.

09-16-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise. He has QQ or TT way more than any hand with a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

DavidC
09-16-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You rock Shillx. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever come to Vegas for 2+2 get-together, I'll be the guy with the Gerber hat on. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
09-16-2005, 04:45 AM
Thanks guys... Just making sure.

The following will make you puke, though, so I'll write it in white:

I raised, and villain called. He turned over KJs hearts, for the straight. He was concerned about increasing the rake... maybe mouse error or something.

Whoops, forgot to write it in white.

Thanks for your time. I'm just curious about that play.

Shillx
09-16-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said...

Raise again if you feel like you had the best hand on 4th street. If you were going to raise a bet on a river blank, you should raise this river as well since it didn't change anything.

shant
09-16-2005, 04:52 AM
Not to be results oriented, but I just realized that you were in the CO, which opens up his SB 3-betting range. He could possibly cap the turn with AK, but the call on the flop and action on the turn indicate a monster, so I still don't think the river changed anything, but you have to consider he can have the straight more than if you had raised UTG.

CloseTwin
09-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Just call. You have the right price to have the best hand once in awhile. Often it'll be a straight. Bad beat, whatever...

Edit: I didn't even look at the results before posting this. Frankly, four to broadway on board will often bite you. Despite what everyone says, it's amazing how often they fill the gutshot rather than turn over two pair or something.

DavidC
09-16-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said...

Raise again if you feel like you had the best hand on 4th street. If you were going to raise a bet on a river blank, you should raise this river as well since it didn't change anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

---

Well, it's hard for me to KNOW if I have the best hand on 4th street, but I was thinking that there's no way he could put me on a king, so therefore he wouldn't need to have a king to bet the river against me.

DavidC
09-16-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be results oriented, but I just realized that you were in the CO, which opens up his SB 3-betting range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicholas Cage voice: "I know that, now!" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see his hand. I didn't take all the information into account when I went nuts on the turn.

I'm kinda curious if I should have raised the river, though...

Sometimes I'll say something to myself like: "This hand is worth 5-6 bets to me."

This means: I cap the turn, and if he bets, I call, or I bet and call a raise, but if he bets I don't raise, because that would potentailly take me to 7 bets, which isn't worth it (subjective thinking here).

Specifically, this is something that I tend to do with sets on straight boards.

All I saw in this hand was a re-raise of a preflop raiser (didn't take pos into consideration and therefore missed the straight possibility)... big mistake. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He could possibly cap the turn with AK, but the call on the flop and action on the turn indicate a monster, so I still don't think the river changed anything, but you have to consider he can have the straight more than if you had raised UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

shant
09-16-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I didn't even look at the results before posting this. Frankly, four to broadway on board will often bite you. Despite what everyone says, it's amazing how often they fill the gutshot rather than turn over two pair or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to give reasoning other than "it's amazing" how many times they'll bad beat you.

DavidC
09-16-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to give reasoning other than "it's amazing" how many times they'll bad beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-16-2005, 06:27 AM
(posting blind)

I would probably raise. Any hand he has with a K in it beats you. The only hand that I can think of that he would bet like crazy that completes the straight is KJ, which I don't normally three bet on the flop? I don't think most people would bet KK as aggressively as villain did here. I'd call if he threebets and hope for the best.