PDA

View Full Version : im drunk, ev.

ansky451
09-16-2005, 04:02 AM
i think tehere is serious +ev when you just came home from a bar, and are tanked and want to blow off steam from some major wcoop downswings, and you go all in everyahnd in a 5 dollar sng. major +ev. (iim going to bed. peace;.

09-16-2005, 04:30 AM
Wow, your post is hilarious. BUT, you do have a point. I have seen that the SnG's are a little....fishier at "those" times.
Good luck with the hangover.
Mike

09-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Someone did a study on this kinda stuff... if I recall, he pushed every hand in a number of $10+1 SNGs, and in the end, he ultimately decided it was very minorly +EV to push every hand in an SNG at those levels.

I'm too lazy to do the research on it, but it was a fun read.

09-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Problem is you prolly win the blinds in couple first hands before people figure out what you are doing... then you lose the first real hand after that you have like 60 chips left and that if anything is annoying, when you cant just close the table and still it takes forever(45secs) to lose those chips.
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

iMsoLucky0
09-17-2005, 02:36 AM
I'm pretty sure he is saying that it is +EV because it lets you blow off steam and keeps you from tilting in a tournament that actually matters.

OBV pushing every hand in any tournament is not going to be +EV, lol.

ansky451
09-17-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure he is saying that it is +EV because it lets you blow off steam and keeps you from tilting in a tournament that actually matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, bingo.

09-17-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna bet? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Obviously its fun to go tilt in a 5+1... but there was serious thought given to pushing every hand in party SNGs, and the conclusion I believe they came to is that it was very minorly +EV in the long run.

Dont ask me to find the post tho /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Matador225
09-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Please explain your logic. No way this can be true. If you were joking I apologize for responding in a serious manner.

09-17-2005, 03:04 AM
I would imagine that it was definitely not +EV except after a certain point(i.e. you have 60% of the chips, you're 5 handed, etc.) There is absolutely no chance that pushing every hand is +EV in those.

09-17-2005, 03:10 AM
Meh, I spent 10 minutes with the search function and I didn't hit gold. I may be way off here, but I remember said threads from awhile back. Its whatever, really. Its not the most +EV way to play em, either way, so its not really worth worrying about.

If anyone manages to find said thread, though, do post it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ansky451
09-17-2005, 03:11 AM
I think its hilarious that this thread turned into a (sort of) real discussion about poker.