PDA

View Full Version : How do you like this hand?

westside_eh
09-16-2005, 02:57 AM
$10 O8 Limit SNG

Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

&lt;It was only costing me 20 chips and I like the AK/A3 combo...plus in a SNG you need to accumilate at some point right? Would you make this call? How about if it were a cash game?&gt;

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

&lt;2 raises, because there were no obvious high hands, I figured atleast one of them had A2. With only 2 or 3 dueces remaining, the pot odds weren't sufficient enough to call.&gt;

What do you think?

Buzz
09-16-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

EH - I think you're out of position holding a marginal starting hand. I can understand your wanting to see the flop with the hand, but when Button raises, I think you have to either reluctantly give it up or raise, making it two bets to all the limpers. You only should only raise if you think you have a very good chance of getting one-on-one with the button by doing so. Otherwise, I think you quietly fold.

I think I would have about the same chance as a snowball in Hell of getting one-on-one with Button with Big Blind and five limpers yet to act. Therefore I'd simply fold.

After the flop, the check/fold definitely seems correct to me.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

Vedocorban
09-16-2005, 04:11 AM
It looks like the button is representing A2xx with his raise, possibly A23x. While your AK3x figures to be better than a lot of the trash the limpers might have, there's really only two specific flops you can like: QJT and one with a 2 and another low card, and you still run the risk of getting counterfeited with the latter flop.

If there was no raise, this is an automatic call in the small blind. But if you're going check-muck after flopping the second-nut low here, folding preflop may not be such a bad idea. I'd be more willing to cold-call with a hand like AK2x, AKQ3, AK35, or possibly AK3x with a suited ace.

I frequently play too tight for my own good, however, so there might be some profit in the preflop call. I just prefer to save my chips for a more flexible situation