PDA

View Full Version : nintendo revolution controller

send_the_msg
09-16-2005, 02:28 AM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

daveymck
09-16-2005, 04:39 AM
That is horrible looks a nightmare for any long term sessions and as gambecube in my house is mainly played by the kids it isnt really very good for them. Looks lik straight fight between ps3 and new xbox then.

captZEEbo1
09-16-2005, 05:53 AM
looks awful

CrazyPsycho
09-16-2005, 06:12 AM
NSFW (http://nintyrevcontroller.ytmnd.com/)

Popinjay
09-16-2005, 06:27 AM
You guys realize that you move that rod and it moves onscreen. Like you can use it as an actual fishing pole for a fishing game. Or point it on screen to fire to a spot. Sounds awesome to me, and the reviewers are saying it's great too.

send_the_msg
09-16-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys realize that you move that rod and it moves onscreen. Like you can use it as an actual fishing pole for a fishing game. Or point it on screen to fire to a spot. Sounds awesome to me, and the reviewers are saying it's great too.

[/ QUOTE ]

who knows, if you eat it maybe your tv explodes.

MrTrik
09-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Looks like the design group failed to do an important step in the development process: focus groups. I cannot imagine anyone liking that thing for gaming.

steelcmg
09-16-2005, 07:06 AM
horrible i wont be playing that anytime soon.

waffle
09-16-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the video. (http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html)

IndieMatty
09-16-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the video. (http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

happy birthday.

awesome avatar.

waffle
09-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cadillac1234
09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Looks like a repetitive stress injury nightmare to me.

steelcmg
09-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I think that this would be a great idea for games like mario party but for games like zelda i surely dont want to be swinging that controll around for the whole game. I think they will have to release another controll for people who dont want to swing the controll around all day.

canis582
09-16-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that this would be a great idea for games like mario party but for games like zelda i surely dont want to be swinging that controll around for the whole game. I think they will have to release another controll for people who dont want to swing the controll around all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are going to swing it and you will like it.

I thought the teaser video looked good. If you want "up down up down left right left right a b select start" games then go to the used videogame store.

YourFoxyGrandma
09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Apparently you can plug in gamecube controllers as well.

oddjob
09-16-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are going to swing it and you will like it.

I thought the teaser video looked good. If you want "up down up down left right left right a b select start" games then go to the used videogame store.

[/ QUOTE ]

most people are retards, and resistant to change, without ever trying it for themselves. i can't say if it'll be good till i try it, but it looks very very interesting.

these people probably would have said the same thing about the mouse when it was introduced. sad thing is they're also the same type of people that won't admit they're wrong if they do end up liking it.

wonderwes
09-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Nintendo always try to reinvent itself. I must say, that controller is nothing what I expected. Its almost seems Nintendo is trying to develop for their own game makers instead of 3rd party groups. I thought the gamecube controller looked weird, but I like it due to the grip/feel/control.

Man, that thing doesnt look like a real controller.

pokerdirty
09-16-2005, 07:01 PM
nintendo IS trying to reinvent itself. the machine is code named REVOLUTION for christ's sake. for this product to be successful a couple of things must happen: 1) they must have 20+ titles at launch, obviously a mario game, a metroid game, and even a zelda game, and most of the other games must use the controller to at least 75% of it's potential. You might say 'duh' to this, but I have yet to see a game really use the touch screen on the DS creatively yet. 2) they must spend as much time to get it right as possible. they are already going to be 3rd into the marketplace, so waiting a bit longer for a better product will probably work in their favor. 3) nintendo must launch this thing with 2 controllers. the diehard nerds will be the first in line to get this, but outside of that, there are going to be a bunch of people that say "that controller looks weird". nintendo must spread knowledge about this by getting people to actually try it and get comfortable with it.

I believe this is very creative. Where the 360 and PS3 just offer upgrades in visuals, nintendo is taking gaming in a different direction. if you would have asked me 3 days ago if i was going to buy a revolution, i would have looked at you like you were nuts. today, i'm considering it.

Jeebus
09-16-2005, 07:10 PM
looks like the failed atari controller to me. I'm gonna try it and I have a feeling be angry.
Somebody at Nintendo thought the idea of sailing around stuck in a boat for hours would make Zelda better, now they think this crap.

09-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I watched the video. I want a revolution now.

mason55
09-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I would preorder it now if I could.

Imagine holding one in each hand and playing a boxing game?

Or holding it vertically and using it like a flight stick in Starfox?

Or holding it sideway and turning it like a steering wheel?

Or playing Soul Caliber against your friends with it?

Phoenix1010
09-16-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nintendo IS trying to reinvent itself. the machine is code named REVOLUTION for christ's sake. for this product to be successful a couple of things must happen: 1) they must have 20+ titles at launch, obviously a mario game, a metroid game, and even a zelda game, and most of the other games must use the controller to at least 75% of it's potential. You might say 'duh' to this, but I have yet to see a game really use the touch screen on the DS creatively yet. 2) they must spend as much time to get it right as possible. they are already going to be 3rd into the marketplace, so waiting a bit longer for a better product will probably work in their favor. 3) nintendo must launch this thing with 2 controllers. the diehard nerds will be the first in line to get this, but outside of that, there are going to be a bunch of people that say "that controller looks weird". nintendo must spread knowledge about this by getting people to actually try it and get comfortable with it.

I believe this is very creative. Where the 360 and PS3 just offer upgrades in visuals, nintendo is taking gaming in a different direction. if you would have asked me 3 days ago if i was going to buy a revolution, i would have looked at you like you were nuts. today, i'm considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy understands.

flatline
09-16-2005, 09:29 PM
I applaud Nintendo for actually doing something new, which is very rare in the video game industry. This has so much potential.

So many people these days have more than one console. I think that Nintendo's plan is to be that second console. They aren't putting insane graphics into this thing (only supposed to be like 3x power of the gamecube), so it should be relatively cheap, and it is innovative enough that everyone will want one if its as fun as it looks.

09-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Is that a vibrator?

TheMainEvent
09-16-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.weaintcool.com/pictures/articles/peripherals/powerglove.jpg

End of thread.

stabn
09-16-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I applaud Nintendo for actually doing something new, which is very rare in the video game industry. This

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is when you try and make something different just to be different. Instead of any practicle reason.

CourtesyFlush
09-16-2005, 11:09 PM
When I first saw it I thought it was horrible, but after reading more about it and watching the video it is actually pretty cool. It will be cool to see new kinds of games that can be played with it. If a "regular" style controller is required for a game, I think they've made it so it will just plug into the main controller.

wonderwes
09-17-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.weaintcool.com/pictures/articles/peripherals/powerglove.jpg

End of thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.mercadolibre.cl/org-img/preview/MLC/012005/2924583_6117.jpg