PDA

View Full Version : KK on the bubble. Party $33

xJMPx
09-16-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm assuming everyone will say push, but I'm asking because the small stack is so short and KK has been less than 50% for me over the last few days.

Villain has made some loose, but not terrible calls to get his stack. I've been raising a lot lately without showing my cards.

Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 4: virgil_329 (880)
Seat 7: Armyof1 (2430)
Seat 8: DevinLake (2530)
Seat 10: blupher (2160)
virgil_329 posts small blind (75)
Armyof1 posts big blind (150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DevinLake [ Kd, Kc ]
DevinLake raises (300) to 300
blupher raises (2160) to 2160
blupher is all-In.
virgil_329 folds.
Armyof1 folds.
DevinLake ????

deathpotato
09-16-2005, 02:23 AM
The small stack has 6BB (that's not that short) and the fact that KK has been running at less than 50% over the last few days means exactly zilch. Call. Hell, you're even still around if you lose.

splashpot
09-16-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and KK has been less than 50% for me over the last few days

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you even mention this? What does it have to do with anything?

xJMPx
09-16-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and KK has been less than 50% for me over the last few days

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you even mention this? What does it have to do with anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to give a little background as to why I might be a little timid here with KK. Just wanted to verify my bubble play. I know ICM theory says you have to be winning a very high % here for it to be +$EV.

Don't worry, I understand that previous KK hands have no influence on future KK hands.

09-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Have you stolen any blinds in previous hands? If so, I can see villain pushing with anything from AK-1010, in which case you are a huge favorite if you call.

nyc999
09-16-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might be a little timid here with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I won't say anything about the UTG min-raise.

Be happy someone pushed. Call every time. Then call again.

the_joker
09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the small stack is so short and KK

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not that short.

[ QUOTE ]

has been less than 50% for me over the last few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is meaningless.

Nicholasp27
09-16-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KK has been less than 50% for me over the last few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you must be due!!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nicholasp27
09-16-2005, 04:30 PM
call this 100% of the time that he doesn't flip the cards face-up to show you AA

and i would advise against min-raising there...you should raise 3bbs if you are gonna raise...

and if you fold here with kk, you make it correct for that guy to push all of your min-raises against you, since you will only call when you have aa

xJMPx
09-16-2005, 05:25 PM
My thinking behind the min-raise was that I had been raising a lot and this might induce the short stack to come over the top, rather than fold. Otherwise, and you can note this if you play the $33s, I almost never min-raise with less than KK. But I also rarely limp, because I do want them to pay to hit a lucky flop.

Anyway, I called and here's the result:

DevinLake calls (1860)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8d, 6s, 5c ]
blupher: don't keep picking on me....
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 7c ]
** Summary **
DevinLake [ Kd Kc ] [ a pair of kings ]
blupher [ 7s 7h ] [ three of a kind, sevens ]

downtown
09-16-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, and you can note this if you play the $33s, I almost never min-raise with less than KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duly noted.

This is a bad beat post!

09-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Bad beat but if you don't call here with KK then you shouldn't be playing this game. And I know you know that even though KK has now lost even more than you said, you should be calling a push every single time with this hand (unless for some reason you are certain you are up against AA, which would be a hell of a read).

If it makes you feel any better I hate sevens this week as well considering I called a bluff push with two pair and lost out to 7 on the turn and then 7 on the river to give him the trips win. I just about put my fist through the computer /images/graemlins/wink.gif

New York Jet
09-16-2005, 06:41 PM
This question reminds me of...

My girlfriend asked me to do a threesome with her and her super-hot girlfriend. Should I dump her?