PDA

View Full Version : please help a computer newb

siegfriedandroy
09-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Hi. I know next to nothing about computers. I also would like to play 4 tables of empire w/o overlap on one monitor.
I would like to know if this would be possible on the laptop that I currently use.

This will be tough to answer, but if someone could bear w/ me, and try to help, that would be great. All I really know about the laptop, which was a gift from my father, is that it's a compaq presario w/ a fairly large screen. It uses windows xp, and seems to be a pretty good machine.

If anyone could guide me through the process of determining whether this will hold 4 nonoverlapping poker screens, and if so help me set it up, I would be eternally indebted. Thanks.

So what is the first thing I should examine to answer my question!?

unreal_nh
09-16-2005, 03:05 AM
right click on the empty screen... then go to properties, click the settings tab, then set the 'screen resolution' to whatever the max is that it can go.. if u want 4 tables with no overlap it needs to be 1600X1200

siegfriedandroy
09-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi. thanks for the responses. my screen is 1280 x 800. can i get at least 2 screens? if so, how do i do this?

thanks.

also, what is the best deal for a good 4 tabling monitor. nothing fancy. but effective. brand names, please. my eyes are gone!

Sniper
09-18-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the best deal for a good 4 tabling monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for deals on the Dell 2001FP, thru the use of coupons you can usually pick this up for around $400.