PDA

View Full Version : I need money at PAYPAL (I will pay you a fee)

r3vbr
09-16-2005, 01:32 AM
I wanna buy 25$ at Paypal.
I'll pay you $30 for it ! plz do me this favour
ill transfer by pokerstars or partypoker.
send me a private msg if you can do this. thanks!

handsome
09-16-2005, 01:37 AM
I hate these types of threads. Why don't you just use a credit card to fund PayPal? Or are you just trying to deliberately rip someone off?

Lloyd
09-16-2005, 02:37 AM
You have obviously posted enough that I wouldn't call you a lurker or someone trying to take advantage of people in the forum. So if you do not know, there is a fairly old scam that people use transferring money through Paypal. So you should not expect to get anyone to help you. And I would be very careful about posting similar threads in the future since now that you know it might be taken as a more deliberate attempt to scam.

r3vbr
09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Okay just so you 2 know, I ended up getting scamed (i think).
Some guy came up to me on priv message, and told he would do the transfer for me, giving me his username on pstars. I imediately transfered 30$ to him as promissed (that was 3 days ago), and havent heard from him since. My paypal still has 0$ balance.

I dont care about the 30$. The value is irrelevant to me. What bothers me is the principle...

I think i trust people too much :/

If I end up getting payed at paypal soon, I'll delete this post of course. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

krazyace5
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
You have to make sure it is someone you can trust even if they do transfer it to you because paypal has shitty safety features and whoever transfers it to you can easily get the transaction reversed.

Post the losers log in name, save someone else from getting ripped by the piece of [censored].

Pokeraddict
09-21-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to make sure it is someone you can trust even if they do transfer it to you because paypal has shitty safety features and whoever transfers it to you can easily get the transaction reversed.

Post the losers log in name, save someone else from getting ripped by the piece of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes post their 2+2 and Stars name.

r3vbr
09-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Okay, the guy really is a scammer! I was robbed for sure.

His pokerstars name is "Maestro"

Same guy who stole from GrannyMae
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2116691&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1

r3vbr
09-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh his twoplustwo username is TheWindsorKid

How can I contact forum moderators? (I wanna ask them for personal data from this guy to be made public)..
maybe he filled out his name or something :/

Synergistic Explosions
09-23-2005, 01:17 PM
It took me getting scammed one time to learn my lesson too.
You got a cheap lesson, be grateful. There are hundreds of people out there just looking to scam each and every day.

Sometimes they are very good at it. Watch out for the ones that make friends with you. Don't trust friendly people.

You just happened to be the easiest mark that day. It's rare they can actually get a stranger to transfer money to them on a promise without even going through the hassle of becoming their "friend".

augie00
09-23-2005, 01:22 PM
People these days...how can you possibly be so inept? Paypal is REALLY FREAKING EASY to get money into. You do have a bank account, don't you?

Lloyd
09-23-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh his twoplustwo username is TheWindsorKid

How can I contact forum moderators? (I wanna ask them for personal data from this guy to be made public)..
maybe he filled out his name or something :/

[/ QUOTE ]
You can easily contact a moderator by PMing them. You can see a list of the mods specific to this forum below. In this case, I've addressed the issue temporarily and notified the Admins (like Mat) for further review.

Jurollo
09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
For future reference I would just deal with mods or people that have been around a while AND have established a pretty large reputation here.
~Justin

StellarWind
09-23-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have obviously posted enough that I wouldn't call you a lurker or someone trying to take advantage of people in the forum. So if you do not know, there is a fairly old scam that people use transferring money through Paypal. So you should not expect to get anyone to help you. And I would be very careful about posting similar threads in the future since now that you know it might be taken as a more deliberate attempt to scam.

[/ QUOTE ]
Educate me. I would have thought that OP was taking most of the risk because PayPal payments are so easy to default or reverse while site transfers are pretty solid.

GrannyMae
09-23-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, the guy really is a scammer! I was robbed for sure.

Same guy who stole from GrannyMae
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2116691&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1

[/ QUOTE ]

kaz is meastro on stars?

Lloyd
09-23-2005, 07:56 PM
There's risk on both sides in any of these transfers. In this case, the OP is saying that he transferred the funds to the other person via PokerStars and never received the fund transfer through PayPal.

I would only do any kind of financial transaction with someone who I'd feel comfortable just PMing and asking them to help me out.

Slacker13
09-23-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What piece of crap. I would take pleasure in slapping the [censored] out of someone like him.

Like everyone else said. Only deal with posters who have been around for a long time.

Cubswin
09-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Only deal with posters who have been around for a long time.

Dont even deal with posters who have been around a long time. Just because someone has been around a long time doesnt mean they are trustworthy or that they wouldnt forever tarnish their screen name just to make a quick buck. If you plan properly you should never ever be short on cash or get caught with too much money in transit... so dont feel sorry for those that do.

cubs

Slacker13
09-23-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont even deal with posters who have been around a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. This guy was pooh-bah when he screwed granny.

[ QUOTE ]
If you plan properly you should never ever be short on cash or get caught with too much money in transit... so dont feel sorry for those that do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I does happens though sometimes, but you are right. I stand corrected.

But I hold firm on beating this guys ass.

Cubswin
09-23-2005, 11:07 PM
But I hold firm on beating this guys ass.

you got a bat for me?

This guy was pooh-bah when he screwed granny.

even as an old timer, and hence knowing many many posters very well, there are still very few here i would trust with these type transaction.

09-23-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay just so you 2 know, I ended up getting scamed (i think).
Some guy came up to me on priv message, and told he would do the transfer for me, giving me his username on pstars. I imediately transfered 30$ to him as promissed (that was 3 days ago), and havent heard from him since. My paypal still has 0$ balance.

I dont care about the 30$. The value is irrelevant to me. What bothers me is the principle...

I think i trust people too much :/

If I end up getting payed at paypal soon, I'll delete this post of course. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very unfortunate, my friend. If you are still interested, I can do this transaction for you. My Pokerstars name is "419_4_EVER". It will be my pleasure to do business with you.