PDA

View Full Version : Heading off to Northern Europe tomorrow

kipin
09-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Tomorrow I depart on a month long journey to Northern Europe - Norway, Sweden, Denmark, maybe Germany (I'd really like to check out Oktoberfest, however I don't have anyone to go with at this time and am not sure if it is worth going by myself, feel free to weigh in on this if you have experience with Oktoberfest.) and perhaps Austria, but this is a long shot.

Anyway, If any of you guys live in the major cities (Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen) and feel like meeting up for a beer or something to eat, send me a pm or email me at kipin2001@gmail.com and we could try to arrange something.

Take care, and see you all in a month or so. (I'll be checking PM's and email, but I doubt I'll be reading any of the forums)

handsome
09-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Have fun.

SWEET. Let's talk [censored] about him while he's gone!

unreal_nh
09-16-2005, 01:59 AM
i'm jealous /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PoBoy321
09-16-2005, 02:02 AM
I've always wanted to tour northern europe, but not the scandanavian countries, just kind of germany, czech republic, poland, austria.

Escape
09-16-2005, 02:12 AM
Are you aware that most Oktober fests are canceled? I believe the german government is afraid of terrorist attacks.

Have fun.

irishpint
09-16-2005, 02:17 AM
i was @ oktoberfest last year. worth it, even alone, because everyone there is very drunk and friendly.

Dirk1963
09-16-2005, 06:44 AM
No way that THE Oktoberfest (Munich) is cancelled. Its just starting now !! And never call a Bavarian a citizen of Northern Europe. NEVER !!

girgy44
09-16-2005, 06:57 AM
I am studying in Scotland for a semester and leaving for Stockholm today, but we'll probably miss one another and then I'll be in Munich next weekend. From what I've heard that is the 2nd of three Oktoberfest weekends and the big one. Hit me up if you want to party in Munich.

SmileyEH
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm in Europe for the next 2 months or so. We need to have some more 2+2 get togethers.

-SmileyEH

diebitter
09-16-2005, 08:39 AM
If it's sunny when in Stockholm, go to one of the parks with an open-air swimming pool. Oh, mumma!

kipin
09-16-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in Europe for the next 2 months or so. We need to have some more 2+2 get togethers.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be game for that if we could arrange something, I have a 1 month eurailpass so I could get pretty much anywhere in western europe, just have too know a couple days in advance due to travel time.

Where in Europe are you going to be?

kipin
09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
For anyone living\visiting Europe I am in Oslo right now until the 20th of the September when I will be taking the night train to Stockholm. After that like I said I may be heading off to Munich for a couple days.

If you are interested in meeting up for a few hours, send me an email me at kipin2001 (at) gmail.com , or send me a PM here.

kipin