PDA

View Full Version : $100 - interesting hand - down to 5

freekobe
09-16-2005, 12:32 AM
I have about 2300 in chips. I am 2nd. Big blind is chip leader with about 2600.

I have AQ UTG. I make it 275. Blinds of 50/100. BB seems to a weak player, no big read.

He calls. Flop comes K 2 2. He leads out for pot of 600.

Plan of action?

bluefeet
09-16-2005, 12:35 AM
fold. you just can't push in the dark here - and can't afford to "turn on the light" with a raise.

(and i raise to 400 PF....still folding if he call/leads pot)

Edit: Call? Don't like that either. Toooo many chippies. If he checks to you on the turn...don't know that you have enough info to get frisky. If he leads again, you're dumping having spilled 600 more than you had to.

bigt439
09-16-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold. you just can't push in the dark here - and can't afford to "turn on the light" with a raise.

(and i raise to 400 PF....still folding if he call/leads pot)

Edit: Call? Don't like that either. Toooo many chippies. If he checks to you on the turn...don't know that you have enough info to get frisky. If he leads again, you're dumping having spilled 600 more than you had to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the preflop line. Postflop you have to fold. What else can you do? You need a read to do anything else. I understand you're folding the best hand a bunch of the time, but there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Pushing and calling are just wreckless without a specific reason for either one.

curtains
09-16-2005, 01:18 AM
I would fold. I'm not ready to trust someone on PartyPoker to fold a medium pocket pair here, and okay there is also the chance that they have a king. There is a decent chance they will fold if you move allin, however I don't believe it's worth it.

freekobe
09-16-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold. I'm not ready to trust someone on PartyPoker to fold a medium pocket pair here, and okay there is also the chance that they have a king. There is a decent chance they will fold if you move allin, however I don't believe it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with all of the above posters. I ended up folding, but thought to myself after, "do I need to be more aggressive with those types of hands in order to win these things?"

I think the answer in this case is no. If I call and he pushes the turn and I miss, my ability to steal is diminished. If I push, no way he folds a pocket pair or a king, so I have to hope he has Ax or a complete bluff. Probably not worth it.

As for preflop...raising to 400 instead of 275 doesn't do a whole lot. The same hands will call me, and I will have invested more in a pot where I'll likely be out of position with only a decent hand. The 275 pf raise generally does the trick at 50/100 if the blinds are going to fold.

Oluwafemi
09-16-2005, 06:43 PM
this hand is not as interesting as having A Qs and the flop contains two of you suit. this looks like a routine fold.