PDA

View Full Version : Forwarding e-mail from Outlook (plus a nice pooper)

jacki
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know how I can set up Outlook to automatically forward e-mail to a different address?

Thanks in advance for the help. http://imlive.com/newgallerystuff/supermodel/05_b.jpg

SL__72
09-16-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't think you can do it in outlook. What type of email address is it? You have to forward it from the server.

asofel
09-16-2005, 12:25 AM
yeah, that's right afaik. If this is for work, talk to your techie. They usually have "away on business from xx/xx til yy/yy type [censored] setup...if its just personal email it'll take a little more work...

fluxrad
09-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Tools->Rules And Alerts.

jacki
09-16-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tools->Rules And Alerts.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no such thing. Do you mean Rules Wizard?

I would just like my work e-mail forwarded to my gmail account, so I don't have to worry about the amount of stuff I save.

asofel
09-16-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tools->Rules And Alerts.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no such thing. Do you mean Rules Wizard?

I would just like my work e-mail forwarded to my gmail account, so I don't have to worry about the amount of stuff I save.

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on how your email server is setup it could be as simple as putting a .forward file in your home directory (if on linux). If its Microsoft, it'll be different...

fluxrad
09-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Yes. Rules and Alerts wizard if you have an older version of Outlook.

I should add that you really ought to try to forward your email from the server-side if you can.

Jim Kuhn
09-16-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(plus a nice pooper)

[/ QUOTE ]

You call that nice? I will give her about a 4.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

someday
09-16-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(plus a nice pooper)

[/ QUOTE ]

You call that nice? I will give her about a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]