PDA

View Full Version : The all to easy to play 73s hand.

kiemo
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Only on first orbit, so reads arent really known yet. UTG2 though has won about 15bb and played 60% of those hands

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>

Was hoping to knock out the two remaining with the flop raise. And on the turn one back to me I make the call. Two back to me and I got befuddled.

ArturiusX
09-15-2005, 11:41 PM
I'd peel.

Marquis
09-15-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm not a fan of the flop raise. I would just call. I really dislike that turn bet too but you have an easy call with the bazillion outs you have.

UATrewqaz
09-15-2005, 11:50 PM
14 outs, I think they are all clean (the 7's may not be if someone is holding a 5 though), pot is what 12 BB with 2 to call, that's 6-1, so I think you have pot odds to call. If no improvement on river then fold to any bet I think.

milesdyson
09-15-2005, 11:50 PM
fold that flop, and the turn call is easy.

you have 10-13+ outs (could have like a million)

kiemo
09-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I folded the hand thinking my baby flush would be no good if it hit and my straight was unlikley to hit. I didnt feel good about the fold though, which is why I posted the hand

River came 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB flips A6o
UTG2 flips the pockets fives.

grr. cant decide if UTG2 turn raise was good or not.

09-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Fold the flop. The SB donking the turn means he has a pair, which means your bottom pair seven kicker is toast. The few times you are ahead, you are unlikely to clear the field on this draw heavy board and are likely to get outdrawn by a flush, str8, or overcards.

The fold on the turn is really bad IMO. You have a monster draw with pair + FD.

2+2 wannabe
09-16-2005, 02:47 PM
why are you betting this turn?

VoraciousReader
09-16-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
14 outs, I think they are all clean (the 7's may not be if someone is holding a 5 though), pot is what 12 BB with 2 to call, that's 6-1, so I think you have pot odds to call. If no improvement on river then fold to any bet I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a 7 will help us here. SB bet/calling the flop and then donking the turn Ace looks an awful lot like 2 pair. And if his 2-pair is Ax, our 2 pair of 7s and 3s is worthless. I'm discounting our 2 pair outs for that reason.

But I still agree it's a call. (And, btw, I thought he was on 2 pair before reading results, even though I'm not grunching today.)

POKhER
09-16-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said + Fold the flop.

Some outs might be wrong(7's suck) but 6:1 you need 7 outs... you have more.

deception5
09-16-2005, 03:11 PM
My initial thought was to just call the flop. But I have to agree with Miles here, the pot is a measly 4sb, the small blind bets into 4 players (so you're likely behind), your 2 pair outs need to be significantly discounted so I give you about 7 outs on average here (1.5 bdfd, 2 3's, 3.5 5's). With the possibility of being raised I think it's a marginal flop call at best if you think you'll get callers behind and probably closer to a fold. There's no folding the turn if you make it there with a pair + flush draw + gutshot.

jrz1972
09-16-2005, 03:12 PM
1. Fold the flop. If you're not folding, then just call. Raising is maniacal.

2. Leading the turn is kind of maniacal. If everybody called there might be a little value there, but that isn't going to happen.

3. Do not fold the turn.

deception5
09-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Btw, I just wanted to point out that it's often mentioned that if someone to your right bets you should raise or fold, the reason I would not apply that here is that the pot is small, you have bottom pair, and no reads on SB.

If SB was aggressive and the pot was large, raising could be the right play on the flop. It's just that the pot is very small here so it's not worth investing 2 bets to protect your equity. So I would call or fold here.

tor
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
*grunching*

I don't know how I feel about the flop raise, but given the number of people behind, I think it's a fair play to try and get others to fold.

After everyone calls those flop bets cold, I think you're going to have to check this turn, with the intention of calling one. Why?

Asumming you hadn't bet, you'd be looking at 4.5:1 pot odds. Your hand isn't that strong, and you may be behind already to an ace, or higher diamond draw. I give you maybe 2 diamonds, the two 3s, and two 5s. Why only two diamonds? Someone really likes that Ad. Could be a guy with spades or not, but I think you've got a much lesser chance of your flush being good.

I don't think you have the implied odds if you *do* hit the flush 'because you'll frequently be 2nd best.