PDA

View Full Version : AK post in the cutoff.

Bob T.
05-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Online.

1 limper, my right hand opponent raises, I three bet with AK off, and the Big blind caps it. The limper folds. RHO, and I call.

Flop A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Bet, call, call.
Turn 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . Bet, call, call.
River 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Bet, call, call.

What place did I finish in? Anyone play any differently?

Flashy
05-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Probably in 2nd place to a set of Aces. Not much you can do, you can't very well fold it after a preflop cap and then no raises.
Hope you won!

AceHigh
05-04-2003, 05:54 PM
I'll say, since you posted this, that you finished in 2nd. Let's say KK for Big Blind and AQ for RHO.

If this is PP, I would play it the same way, a lot of players will only cap it with AA/KK.

Bob T.
05-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Second place is it.

KK for the BB, and QQ for the other guy. At least I was drawing live.

Mikey
05-05-2003, 05:05 AM
why would you call??

Either raise or fold....

OHH!!! I know why!! because you are getting pot odds or something like that, or something like +EV. Never mind I see it now.

Bob T.
05-05-2003, 09:45 AM
I thought that I was certainly ahead of my right hand opponent, and that there was some chance that the four bettor had AK, and I was chopping. Given that I have AK, and there is an AK on the board, there are four ways the BB could hold AK, and one way each that he could hold AA, or KK. Add in that I am just not good enough to fold top two on the flop, even though I think that I might be behind, and I think that call, call, call is probably the way to go.

ResidentParanoid
05-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Haven't looked at the results.

I'll definitely throw in a raise on the flop to see where I stand. Will I fold to a raise? Probably not. I'll go into check-call mode if re-raised.

If AA, KK, AK, (maybe QQ or other pairs) are re-raising hands from the blinds, you have a decent chance of being ahead. Don't know how aggresive this table is. Collect that information relatively cheaply on the flop with a raise.

Assume no flush given the action. Limper has weak ace, maybe suited, maybe with a smaller two pair, b5ut no flush. You are most likely tied or beaten by BB. If he re-raised smaller pairs, you take it (least likely of the three).

ResidentParanoid
05-05-2003, 12:25 PM
I suppose that you could have raised on the flop, planning to fold on the re-raise. But I wouldn't be good enough to fold to the flop bet or re-reaise. Maybe your plan is the cheapest way to go. Of course, when you chop, your raises are collecting 1/2 bets from the RHO... Don't know if that's enough to tilt the balance.

Louie Landale
05-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Looks routine to me. You only really lose money if BB and the other guy both have a Stiff A and will call a raise you make. Otherwise you save money when beat AND make more money when they pay you off the river when you bet.

Take special note of the tenacity of the player holding QQ.

- Louie

Bob T.
05-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Take special note of the tenacity of the player holding QQ.

YEAH, tenacity doesn't quite cover it though, does it.