PDA

View Full Version : Forgetable, but poker

BottlesOf
09-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>......

Grisgra
09-15-2005, 10:59 PM
What was your plan if you didn't hit on the turn? Because god knows button isn't just folding to your bet.

BottlesOf
09-15-2005, 11:02 PM
It depends what hit, but almost definitely checking, watching and deciding.

mr pink
09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
i dunno. this looks like a good way to loose the most when you're behind to me. any read on the button?

BottlesOf
09-15-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i dunno. this looks like a good way to loose the most when you're behind to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least I was doing something well.

[ QUOTE ]
any read on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Just thought he might not like his hand given the board.

MarkD
09-15-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>......

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hate every street.

I would raise or fold pre-flop. I have never liked limping pre-flop with A9o and it's just not something I like to do.

I don't understand what your flop bet is designed to do. Well, I think that I do undertand it but I don't like it. You bet expecting to get raised to thin this field out. You forgot one thing though... you don't have a hand.

Turn is a great check/call or check/fold if UTG check raises.

mr pink
09-15-2005, 11:19 PM
i'm kinda confused by your flop bet.

i guess you were hoping he's raise overs without a big ace?

also, if you thought he would raise overs, why not check/call the turn and let him bluff at it? it's not like a free card is a disaster here.

imported_leader
09-15-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

BottlesOf
09-15-2005, 11:23 PM
I think I should've checked the turn.

MarkD
09-15-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what happened on the turn?

I think you missed understood my post. I'm only going to be on the river if it's one bet on the turn and I'm going to try and find a way for one bet to go in on the river... whatever I decide is best.

Lmn55d
09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
were you on mushrooms when you bet that flop?

mr pink
09-15-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should've checked the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

BottlesOf
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Thought I might have had the best hand, a raise might protect it and might not occur froma superior hand and could posssssibly scare off a better A (bit of a stretch.....go with it.....go with it....)

DrSavage
09-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Fold preflop and check/fold on the flop appeal to me the most here.

imported_leader
09-15-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed understood my post. I'm only going to be on the river if it's one bet on the turn and I'm going to try and find a way for one bet to go in on the river... whatever I decide is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well assuming you get to the river do you bet to avoid him checking behind with a PP or check call? Does it make a difference if UTG is there?

mr pink
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well assuming you get to the river do you bet to avoid him checking behind with a PP or check call? Does it make a difference if UTG is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was HU on the river, i think i'd check/call. villain would likely value bet any pair since johnny's play is so inconsistent with an ace.

MarkD
09-15-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU on this river I would be inclined to check unless I really knew something about this guy.

Three ways I would be inclined to bet.

imported_leader
09-16-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU on this river I would be inclined to check unless I really knew something about this guy.

Three ways I would be inclined to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif