PDA

View Full Version : Guys tanning

BWebb
09-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm think I'm going to begin to go to a tanning salon. What are your thoughts about guys going to a tanning salon? I'm not going to base my decision on the opinions given here, I'm more just curious what others thought.

kerssens
09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
They want to get a tan??

MrWookie47
09-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I think I'll have to go with "freaking fabulous," but I'll refrain from posting the pic.

Cunning Linguist
09-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Meh. I do it. Some of my friends call me a metro but it's better than looking pale.

mason55
09-15-2005, 10:49 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What's wrong with a guy tanning?

I don't understand why it's so looked down on for guys to look good.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-15-2005, 11:01 PM
It's sooooo totally gay dude. I go twice a week. Call me if you need an oil partner.

-JOTR

edfurlong
09-15-2005, 11:08 PM
I was just thinking about this today. My buddy was telling me about some high pressure tanning bed that you only need to use once a week...

He said something about it filtering out the bad rays so you could get tan quickly. I guess its crazy expensive, but if I could stay tan going in three or four times a month I'd be all over it.

Anyways, anyone know anything about these?

siccjay
09-15-2005, 11:17 PM
I've never been to a tanning bed but since I don't work outside anymore, I'm buying a tanning room and a bed this week.

09-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Not only will tanning turn you gay, but it will give you cancer. Seriously, tanning is terrible. You'll also age much quicker if you tan regularly.

Brainwalter
09-15-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm think I'm going to begin to go to a tanning salon. What are your thoughts about guys going to a tanning salon? I'm not going to base my decision on the opinions given here, I'm more just curious what others thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to any "salon" makes you a metro imo.

touchfaith
09-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Just golf.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-15-2005, 11:19 PM
As much as I care about how I look, I don't think I'd ever use a tanning bed.

I do go lay outside in the sun occasionally to tan, so I don't know why I'd never use a tanning bed.

Voltron87
09-15-2005, 11:20 PM
tanning salons are weak sauce

Voltron87
09-15-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naked?

golf shirts will leave an awesome tan line.

kerssens
09-15-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

then he'll end up like me with crazy lines and insanely white feet compared to my legs.

Roybert
09-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I have a simple to remember rule of thumb ... it's gay.

mason55
09-16-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me more about this "snow golf"

sublime
09-16-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, go tanning. guys who say its gay are just too ugly for it to make a difference anyways. plus there are ALWAYS nice looking chicks there.

i go 2/3x a week then go home and eat a pizza to celebrate.

utmt40
09-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Back when I was a HS Senior there was a really hot girl that I wanted to SIIHP that worked there so I would go in with my shirt off and tanned body and make her drool over me. She was in one of my classes as well at school. So she came in one day and complimented me and then we started hanging out and I SIIHP. It was glorious....Tanning is +EV.

Voltron87
09-16-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, go tanning. guys who say its gay are just too ugly for it to make a difference anyways. plus there are ALWAYS nice looking chicks there.

[/ QUOTE ]

those have got to be quality women you find at the tanning salon

Seadood228
09-16-2005, 12:50 AM
I go to tanning salons all the time. Not only do I come out darker, but I've found it's a great way to meet other gay guys..

Seriously, it's not that big a deal. Think of it this way, there will be a lot more girls there.

sublime
09-16-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man, we all cant like, be picky man.

tom441lbk
09-16-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Back when I was a HS Senior there was a really hot girl that I wanted to SIIHP that worked there so I would go in with my shirt off and tanned body and make her drool over me. She was in one of my classes as well at school. So she came in one day and complimented me and then we started hanging out and I SIIHP. It was glorious....Tanning is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, congratulations on SIIHP

Luv2DriveTT
09-16-2005, 01:12 AM
tanning booths in great moderation are better than long exposure to the sun. I say thumbs up!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

LethalRose
09-16-2005, 01:18 AM
The only thing that stopped me from tanning is the people in their 40's who's skin feels like leather b/c they tanned when they were younger. I've been thinking about this for a long long time. Im also convinced I'll look weird tan.

morgan180
09-16-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right the ones there usually are the ones terrible at bjs.

morgan180
09-16-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tanning is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
09-16-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man, we all cant like, be picky man.

[/ QUOTE ]

well judging from your avatar, you can be pretty damn picky

PoBoy321
09-16-2005, 02:00 AM
I would never go to a tanning salon, not because I think it's necessarily gay or anything, just because I'm a pale Irish guy and I've come to accept it.

That said, I've found that people I know who do go to tanning salons, tend to be self-obsessed assholes, and this applies to both men and women.

Voltron87
09-16-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never go to a tanning salon, not because I think it's necessarily gay or anything, just because I'm a pale Irish guy and I've come to accept it.

That said, I've found that people I know who do go to tanning salons, tend to be self-obsessed assholes, and this applies to both men and women.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again i agree entirely with poboy. im pale and irish as well. i think i'd look better with a tan, but im not going to a salon three times a week to do it. plus i usually just burn, i sort of turn pink and then back to white.

if i spent a long time on vacation or at the beach i wouldnt mind picking up a tan, but other than that its not happening. in general people who have getting a tan built into their weekly schedule arent people i get along with.

Eurotrash
09-16-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm kind of surprised at OOT's general opinion towards guys tanning. although I suppose this thread might be self-selecting or something like that.

tek
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to to drunk Irish self-obsessed assholes, and this applies to both men and women. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tek
09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that stopped me from tanning is the people in their 40's who's skin feels like leather b/c they tanned when they were younger. I've been thinking about this for a long long time. Im also convinced I'll look weird tan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three words: After tan moisterizer. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

unlucky513
09-16-2005, 10:51 AM
man tanning = really, really gay.

RunDownHouse
09-16-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well judging from your avatar, you can be pretty damn picky

[/ QUOTE ]
How picky can I be?

imported_The Vibesman
09-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm all for gays tanning. If gays want to go to a tanning salon, get married, adopt, whatever, it's all cool. I think gays tanning is fine, don't even know why you'd ask.

ObnxNole
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
my thoughts: U R GAY.

newfant
09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/IronBallsMcGinty/221334578b.jpg

Blarg
09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
It's unhealthy and you'll make an uglier old dude if you live that long. And I was going to say it's completely gay, but another guy said metrosexual, so since guys wear earrings and put mousse in their hair these days without laughing, I'll adjust and settle for saying it's completely metro.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this sounds like your standard American health program, just add booze, coffee, and cigarettes for a complete breakfast!

Blarg
09-16-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which will do nothing health-wise.

Guy Incognito
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I go once a week, twice occasionally. Gay or not gay, metro or not metro, all I know is the obvious increase in female attention since I've started going is well worth the insults.

InchoateHand
09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
ahahaaahahahahahahaha

09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
It's okay as long as you don't go w/ a buddy, that would be gay.

STLantny
09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What sublime said, sans pizza, I dont go that much though, 1-2, Im fairly dark to begin with. Plus for some reason its very relaxing to me, 10-15 minutes of relaxation, good stuff.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I go once a week, twice occasionally. Gay or not gay, metro or not metro, all I know is the obvious increase in female attention since I've started going is well worth the insults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attention is easy. It's only productive attention that matters.

Women love gay dudes. Maybe they figure you're gay and want to be girlfriends?

STLantny
09-16-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...spoken from a true ugly dude. You guys need to realize, that only one thing makes you gay, and that is sticking your penis into the butthole of another man. If you are too caught up in your homophobia to realize that, you are only doing yourself a disservice (and not getting laid because of it).

PokerBob
09-16-2005, 01:05 PM
tanning on any level, regardless of gender, is a capital offense.

InchoateHand
09-16-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.vgrd.org/archive/cases/2002/bcc/100-1544.jpg

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/medicine/dermatology/melton/bcc34.jpg

Brainwalter
09-16-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...spoken from a true ugly dude. You guys need to realize, that only one thing makes you gay, and that is sticking your penis into the butthole of another man. If you are too caught up in your homophobia to realize that, you are only doing yourself a disservice (and not getting laid because of it).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, taking it in the ass definitely doesn't make you gay.

STLantny
09-16-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ya, hah, forgot about that. Plus giving/receiving a bj from a dude probably makes you gay.

11t
09-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Tanning in general is moronic.

Go skin cancer.

RunDownHouse
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gay or not gay, metro or not metro, all I know is the obvious increase in female attention since I've started going is well worth the insults.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, originally I thought, "Gay. Why would a man do this when he is tan from doing yard work, going swimming, charging across the steppes of Mongolia, etc?"

But if you're so lily-white pasty that tanning made a difference in how attractive you are, then I fully support it. Go hit it that salon, Powder.

jakethebake
09-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Men tanning is the gayest thing ever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg

InchoateHand
09-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Though I can see why girls would bang the dudes on the extreme left and right over the pasty cream puffs in the center.

M2d
09-16-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm guessing that man-tanners' anal sphincters are, on average, quite a bit looser than man-non-tanners.

just get out and golf, fish, whatever. the reason the tanned look is popular for men is because it indicates that said man is a real man who does real man things. ride the range, fix fence, kill furry animals, hit balls with sticks, do whatever you have to, but don't pay good money for something you can get for free. unless you like your sphincters loosened.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, ugly definitely doesn't fit me.

You're missing the point. The gay part is obviously a joke. The thing that's goofy is the obsessive attention to appearance, even at the cost of doing something damaging to your skin that might even have serious lifelong repercussions and at a minimum will make your skin look worse as you get older.

That's a big sacrifice to make just for the sake of vanity.

And if you need a tan to get girls, or are much concerned about getting the kind of girls to whom a tan is what makes them attracted to you or not, something's going wrong that a tan isn't enough to fix. Heck, it's counterproductive.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ya, hah, forgot about that. Plus giving/receiving a bj from a dude probably makes you gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm ... probably?

You're forcing my hand here; now it's time to reclassify my gay comments from joke to serious.

M2d
09-16-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Though I can see why girls would bang the dudes on the extreme left and right over the pasty cream puffs in the center.

[/ QUOTE ]
is it rape if a chick does an unwilling guy?

Guy Incognito
09-16-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to be subtle. Substitute "sex" for "attention", and you get the idea.

I have very little natural skin pigment, combine that with my indoor day job and weekend poker marathons, and it's very difficult for me to not look horribly pale.

But hey, flame away, if it helps you sleep at night. Like I said, it's well worth it.

Blarg
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm not flaming, just joking. Don't be so sensitive. I know you fruity types can be like that.

JUST KIDDING!!!

Actually, being pale doesn't have the negative impact it used to, I find, though people usually like a tan a lot. It's just a choice, but screwing up your health doesn't seem like a great idea to me; you get very, very little in return.

My dad had skin cancer, by the way. Never got to be TOO bad or dangerous -- but that's just a matter of luck, isn't it? Flipping a coin. Sometimes, the coin lands the other way and you get very sick, super scarred up, maybe die. For real; it happens. I've known a few people with skin cancer.

I'm more into a girl that would like me than would like my tan anyway. If that's all I've got to pull out of my bag of tricks for a girl, it's just better to find a different girl.

To each their own. But I really feel one way is a lot smarter than the other.

P.S.: Anyone who might be wanting to get more into their looks who goes to a tanning salon instead of a gym to do a hard work-out is making a mistake on a lot of levels.

Roy Munson
09-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Congratulations on your decision to start going to a tanning salon. After only a few sessions you will discover that tanning is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling pursuits.

Once you attain a George Hamilton-like tan your life will change for the better in ways that you can not yet imagine.

Guy Incognito
09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
My "flame" comment wasn't directed at you personally, more at the general attitude by many in this thread, sorry if it came off that way.

People do lots of things that are -EV health-wise, I dunno why this one particular habit elicits such horrified responses. This isn't something I plan to do long term, it's just nice not to look horribly pale once in awhile.

Of course we all prefer women who "like us for ourselves", but now we're opening up a can that's probably best left for its own thread.

BTW, I do go to the gym and lift. Have for 5 years.

RunDownHouse
09-16-2005, 03:28 PM
I guess for the ultrapasties, going tanning is better than going goth/emo, where pasty is welcomed with open arms.

09-16-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking about this today. My buddy was telling me about some high pressure tanning bed that you only need to use once a week...

He said something about it filtering out the bad rays so you could get tan quickly. I guess its crazy expensive, but if I could stay tan going in three or four times a month I'd be all over it.

Anyways, anyone know anything about these?

[/ QUOTE ] I've used one...It was pretty awesome....but while you're in it, it gets REALLY hot. PLus it was really expensive...but I did get good color in only 8 minutes, and it lasted a pretty long time. so i say go for it

JayLear
09-16-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What's wrong with a guy tanning?

I don't understand why it's so looked down on for guys to look like chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

touchfaith
09-16-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced.

I'm going to wax off all my body hair right now and then use 100w light bulbs and tin foil to tan every inch.

Back in 12 minutes.

jakethebake
09-16-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Real women only like men that are orange and hairless. I really, really want to be with a woman whose tatse runs to Stretch Armstrong lookalikes.

09-16-2005, 05:00 PM
There is nothing gay about a guy going to a tanning salon. I think most people look better with a little color.

Sephus
09-16-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing gay about a guy going to a tanning salon. I think most people look better with a little color.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is something gay about putting an inordinate amount of effort into your appearance. im not saying whether going to the tanning salon automatically qualifies as inordinate.

Eurotrash
09-16-2005, 05:13 PM
for some reason I get the feeling that all of the guys advocating this are the same ones who'd probably be sipping a Long Island Iced Tea through a nice long straw while in the tanning booth.

twang
09-16-2005, 06:06 PM
I think 8+ pages of guys debating the possible gayness of tanning is pretty gay.

09-16-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think 8+ pages of guys debating the possible gayness of tanning is pretty gay.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its only gay if the anus is penetrated

sublime
09-16-2005, 06:22 PM
ari gold tans

end of debate

twang
09-16-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its only gay if the anus is penetrated

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is.

willie
09-16-2005, 06:29 PM
i think it's pretty weak

but for a mix of german/english/irish/polish

i tan as well as a mexican (and i'm not kidding)

-therefore booths are irrelevant for me....

Voltron87
09-16-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ari gold tans

end of debate

[/ QUOTE ]

i really doubt that theo tans.

sublime
09-16-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ari gold tans

end of debate

[/ QUOTE ]

i really doubt that theo tans.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt have time silly. hes busy making better deals with less money than mr cashman (who for the love of god SHOULD tan, along with john henry)

LethalRose
09-16-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are bs.