PDA

View Full Version : Safest way to clear the golden palace bonus?

dbirider16
09-15-2005, 09:34 PM
What's the safest way to clear the golden palace bonus? Can I deposit $100, clear the wagering requirement, cash out $100, and then bet big in blackjack and cash out anything past $300?

The best way to clear it would be to Just bet $400 on the first hand and if you win, then clear the wagering requirements right?

Thythe
09-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Upon your first withdrawal the $300 extra will disappear, so your first plan won't work. There are some advanced strategies for this bonus, but I just bet all $400 on the first hand.

fullhouse
09-16-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The best way to clear it would be to Just bet $400 on the first hand and if you win, then clear the wagering requirements right?

[/ QUOTE ]

right

dbirider16
09-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Deposited, bet big, held on a 16 against a dealers 7, shut my eyes, dealer flipped over 13 and drew a 7 to win. Stupid +ev bets /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tomdemaine
09-16-2005, 02:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken you should hit 16 vs a dealers 7.

dbirider16
09-16-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. I doubt it's much of a difference. I would have lost anyway. Does anybody know what % of times I will win the hand if I hit compared to the % of times I will win if I don't?

PSW
09-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I would like to know the % of times you win money IN A SINGLE HAND. The problem is that BJ pays 3:2 so that means that you must be winning less than 49.xx % of the time on a given single hand, if you ignore ties.

Anyone?

Also, which chart do you use for the cryptos? The chart listed at wizardofodds is for "dealer hits on soft 17." Does it make a big difference?

I have only cleared w/ BJ once, having primarily played pontoon.

Thanks,

psw

Corey
09-16-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. I doubt it's much of a difference. I would have lost anyway. Does anybody know what % of times I will win the hand if I hit compared to the % of times I will win if I don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually a better bet to hit the 16 vs. 7 than 16 vs. 10. Reason being you will simply draw more winners.

Corey
09-16-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know the % of times you win money IN A SINGLE HAND.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's roughly 45% of the time. Doubling/splitting and BJ paying 3:2 push that towards the 0.5% HA.

PSW
09-16-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know the % of times you win money IN A SINGLE HAND. The problem is that BJ pays 3:2 so that means that you must be winning less than 49.xx % of the time on a given single hand, if you ignore ties.

Anyone?

Also, which chart do you use for the cryptos? The chart listed at wizardofodds is for "dealer hits on soft 17." Does it make a big difference?

I have only cleared w/ BJ once, having primarily played pontoon.

Thanks,

psw

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, you can't double down or split your bad hands like 88 when you have bet all your money. Does anyone know the true odds of success on a single hand with these restrictions?