PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that so many people on 2+2 drive me insane? OT

curtains
09-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Ive noticed that lately whenever I post, someone will say something that I believe to be incorrect, while at the same time calling me stupid, weak tight or "absolutely wrong" that I feel forced to lash out at them (just happened in the MTT forum, I think they censored me!). I can't help myself and I'm having trouble being nice about it either and it happens nonstop lately!

I don't remember having this happen when I was more active a few months ago. By this I mean people being so sure of themselves and so antagosnistic with me when I disagree with something. Okay, its fine to disagree but don't throw in insults while doing so. Also people need to stop randomly throwing around the term "weak tight", its really insulting and often used in really inapproriate places in this forum. Say passive or something instead. If one more person accuses me of being weak tight I will explode.

octaveshift
09-15-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I feel forced to lash out at them...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, its fine to disagree but don't throw in insults while doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeah.

curtains
09-15-2005, 09:37 PM
lol, ok I get out of control sometimes when I feel someone is insulting me, or dismissing my idea in a really arrogant way. That's why I wish people would stop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lorinda
09-15-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also people need to stop randomly throwing around the term "weak tight", its really insulting and often used in really inapproriate places in this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always find "weak tight" is a compliment, even though the person using it is often trying to make some point about how they always believed poker should be played after reading three small stakes posts and watching Rounders.

Lori

johnnybeef
09-15-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, ok I get out of control sometimes when I feel someone is insulting me, or dismissing my idea in a really arrogant way. That's why I wish people would stop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

from someone who is as esteemed around here as you are, i find this statement very surprising. just let it go. this forum is no different from a game. when someone is talking turkey, think of it as a bad beat and brush it off.

curtains
09-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Are you insane? I have to crush them!! Also it doesnt cost me any money to get emotionally involved!

Maulik
09-15-2005, 09:47 PM
sir curtains,

you should be a knight. no need to defend yourself. forget about it.

signed,

maulik

p.s. post more as you once did, some of us still appreciate it.

Freudian
09-15-2005, 09:50 PM
I always smile when I see someone playing the "weak tight" card. Inevitably it is made by people who only see one way to play a hand and always err on the side of aggression.

ilya
09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
I think it's pretty funny that you've been getting this ish, cos I've definitely become a more agressive player as a result of your posts.

adanthar
09-15-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always smile when I see someone playing the "weak tight" card.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of 2+2'ers should practice playing good weak tight at some point. I guarantee it's not what you guys think it is.

microbet
09-15-2005, 11:24 PM
You are soooo passive (or something).

Dr_Jeckyl_00
09-15-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

p.s. post more as you once did, some of us still appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, please post more! I still have a lot to learn

Iamafish
09-15-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I almost always find "weak tight" is a compliment, even though the person using it is often trying to make some point about how they always believed poker should be played after reading three small stakes posts and watching Rounders.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

09-16-2005, 02:29 AM
I've read almost everyone of your posts in the last couple of months. And I don't think you've ever been wrong about anything. Your the most helpful poster here by far.
I think a lot of people here are idiots. The incredibly low level of cognitive and logical ability is incredible.

deathpotato
09-16-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you insane? I have to crush them!! Also it doesnt cost me any money to get emotionally involved!

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds like someone is trying to cancel his weaktight poker out with machismo away from the table /images/graemlins/grin.gif You need to get that skirt off and play for first!

zaphod
09-16-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty funny that you've been getting this ish, cos I've definitely become a more agressive player as a result of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed that there are quite a few new posters on the forum lately. Maybee that is the reason that your posts are beeing questioned more often?
Anyway, don't worry about them. Just use the ignore this user to everybody who calls you weak thight and keep your good posts coming.

inyaface
09-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Dude...your the one making millions...there going to go broke...who cares what they say

lacky
09-16-2005, 03:52 AM
IMHO I think you care too much what others think. Almost nobody agrees with me in style, and I don't agree with them. By why would I care, I'm still making money, my results are right about where they should be, so what others think really isn't important. If I convinced everyone it would just make my job harder. Just be confident in your own abilities and your own self worth, then what others thinks isnt really important (outside your family anyway)

Steve

curtains
09-16-2005, 03:53 AM
Thats the most insane thing Ive ever heard!!!!

lacky
09-16-2005, 03:54 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
09-16-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thats the most insane thing Ive ever heard!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the utter opposite.

curtains
09-16-2005, 03:57 AM
lol I was joking.

Sykes
09-16-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive noticed that lately whenever I post, someone will say something that I believe to be incorrect, while at the same time calling me stupid, weak tight or "absolutely wrong" that I feel forced to lash out at them (just happened in the MTT forum, I think they censored me!). I can't help myself and I'm having trouble being nice about it either and it happens nonstop lately!

I don't remember having this happen when I was more active a few months ago. By this I mean people being so sure of themselves and so antagosnistic with me when I disagree with something. Okay, its fine to disagree but don't throw in insults while doing so. Also people need to stop randomly throwing around the term "weak tight", its really insulting and often used in really inapproriate places in this forum. Say passive or something instead. If one more person accuses me of being weak tight I will explode.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok, you're a dick who hates to be wrong. Join the club.

09-16-2005, 04:03 AM
NEW AVATER

raptor517
09-16-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

lol I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you werent you meant every single word of it. (btw this is the best time to harass raptor, i cant read good right now.. long night) holla

curtains
09-16-2005, 04:30 AM
I WILL CRUSH YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnybeef
09-16-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you werent you meant every single word of it. (btw this is the best time to harass raptor, i cant read good right now.. long night) holla

[/ QUOTE ]

you go to the game?

raptor517
09-16-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you go to the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

hells yea, F - UTES. we pwnd em. nice last play i was a huge fan. sickass parties afterwards. i havent been to class in a week. college is teh pwnz. holla

johnnybeef
09-16-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you go to the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

hells yea, F - UTES. we pwnd em. nice last play i was a huge fan. sickass parties afterwards. i havent been to class in a week. college is teh pwnz. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me i know......OSU Football>>>>>TCU Football

ps. go to class unless you want to turn into me (although im goin back next weds.)

raptor517
09-16-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you go to the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me i know......OSU Football>>>>>TCU Football

ps. go to class unless you want to turn into me (although im goin back next weds.)

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt the ole buckeyes get pwnd by ut? i think they did. btw, who cares about osu anyway. !@)#(*)(@#* im gonna go pass out deuces. holla

lacky
09-16-2005, 07:23 AM
wow, I just went and read the mtt thread your refering too. The arguments your talking about YOU started. Read the thread carefully curtains. Everytime it turns confrontational with ideas being openly attacked instead of discussed you start the attack. The main person your arguing with, SoBeDude, happens to be a hell of a player, and one of the more friendly players I know of.

If you really want to figure this out, reread that thread carefully, watching for when the tone becomes confrontational. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Steve

PrayingMantis
09-16-2005, 07:31 AM
You post good. I know what you're talking about because there was a time, not so long ago, when I used to get into quarrels with people on a daily basis around these boards, many of those people were idiots (not all, of course! not only idiots argued with me... /images/graemlins/grin.gif also smart people. I apologize in advance) and I really spent a lot of energy in some occasions, with pretty minor results. What's the point? It takes an idiot to argue with an idiot.

Sure it can be very frustrating to defend your position against people who don't really understand some basic stuff (although I don't care too much about being insulted except for in certain cases, when the insulting posters are extremely clueless). It can probably be a good practice in ego-management or something, but really it doesn't matter much. Let some people think whatever they want. "You can't win them all", etc. Weak-tight? whatever. At least they don't call you a troll, like some people called me a few times when I was exceptionally aggressive with my criticism.

In any case, as much as I enjoy arguing and saying things like "well that's absurd", and I do like it, I now try not to pay such attention when people post and write stupid stuff. It helps I think, because 2+2 is full with stupid stuff. Anyway I read and post here much less than I used to, so that's a difference too I guess.

Stoneii
09-16-2005, 08:36 AM
such nonsense!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kevstreet
09-16-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've definitely become a more agressive player as a result of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. In fact more than a few times I directly recall posts of yours that led me to more aggressive plays. Oh FWIW, a while ago you responded to a post of mine with very encouraging words that I will not soon forget.

PrayingMantis
09-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Did you even UNDERSTAND what I was saying?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Moonsugar
09-16-2005, 10:00 AM
weak tight chump

pooh74
09-16-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is really weak tight....i mean..."passive"

I just tell them my bad can beat up their dad and they shut up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

really...just ignore it. Half of the people here like "posting" more than poker.

curtains
09-16-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, I just went and read the mtt thread your refering too. The arguments your talking about YOU started. Read the thread carefully curtains. Everytime it turns confrontational with ideas being openly attacked instead of discussed you start the attack. The main person your arguing with, SoBeDude, happens to be a hell of a player, and one of the more friendly players I know of.

If you really want to figure this out, reread that thread carefully, watching for when the tone becomes confrontational. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course my tone becomes confrontational. What bugged me is he called me "absolutely wrong" about some topic that was just so insane and then went on to discuss the situation to me as though I had learned to play poker yesterday.

Of course I overreacted as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also I am a huge child, but okay I really feel that this guy made very little sense, and had no reason to call me "absolutely incorrect", when all I was saying was to basically have an open mind and be flexible.

lacky
09-16-2005, 04:17 PM
well, for what it's worth, he easily makes my top 10 list for online mtt players. Anytime he tells me something that I might have done wrong, and he's nice enough to point out my errors even though he shouldn't, I put alot of thought into it. He's ussualy correct, and doesn't mind explaining his reasoning. Next time you might try "I thought ...... why do you think .....? I don't understand why there is a big difference" He would probably explain why he thinks what he thinks. And you could explain why you think what you think. Makes the thread much more interesting and useful.

Steve

09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Its also kind of foolish to make another post about it. You are a good poster but do you really need to post a complain post about another post? Wutev, you are a mad good poster but honestly.

curtains
09-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Cmon everyone, let me be completely insane for a few minutes in peace!!!

ilya
09-16-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read that thread and it sounds like curtains has recently had a bad fight with his girlfriend.

curtains
09-16-2005, 06:36 PM
PLEASE JESUS LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bones
09-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Folding this thread would be so weak-tight.

The Yugoslavian
09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding this thread would be so weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nh...here's a 'cookie':

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/8ADF82C24A5611D4855300062950B7A0.jpg

Yugoslav

curtains
09-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Resolution on that photo isnt perfect...

The Yugoslavian
09-16-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Resolution on that photo isnt perfect...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being very weak-tight. Here, have some Vida...

http://s9.skins.be/pics/vida_guerrabyjan5.jpg

Yugoslav

bones
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Friday should really be "Vida day"

http://img166.exs.cx/img166/493/vidasp12sl.jpg